lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
Wmay8600
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha vs. Ez go rxv gas???

Which is a better way to go for speed and a good smooth ride across a fairly rough golf course?
Wmay8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha vs. Ez go rxv gas???

For the yamaha what model are you looking at ??? And do you plan to lift it or keep it stock ??
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Wmay8600
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The Yamaha is a YDR and I am willing to do what it takes so I don't get beat up while riding.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmay8600 View Post
The Yamaha is a YDR and I am willing to do what it takes so I don't get beat up while riding.
Well it's sure we talk about two reliable cart for the rxv it come with a 13 hp kawasaki engine.. The yamaha come with a 11.4 hp engine (not sure) so you will have a little bit more power with the rxv and it does have the limited slip differential (might be an advantage for you) for the lift now when you talk about a rough golf course do you mean bumby of with a lot of hill.....
Old 11-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
Wmay8600
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Bumpy..
Old 11-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #6
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok one thing is sure if you roll on a bumby road you're going to feel the bumb with a lifted cart or not...so it's your decision... for the cart i would personally go with the rxv it's a reliable and easy to work with cart.. Just need to know how many $$$ you want to put on a golf cart and try to find the best deal...
Old 11-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Just from my personal experience with both, I would totally recommend Yamaha, even though I am primarily an EZGO guy and have been for years. The 13hp drivetrain is plagued with issues, the clutches are notoriously bad (multiple recalls bad) and even the newest designs don't utilize that 13hp well (unless You wan t to pop another $500 for a set of TEAM clutches) ... The rear ends use plastic gears in the governor assembly which are prone to failure at higher RPM's, such as if You disable the governor, and the rev limiters are set too high, the valves will float before it decides to kick in to save the engine.

Suspension isn't going to be a lot different, Yamahas tend to be smoother carts to drive if lifted (from my experience) but in the spirit of full disclosure I haven't had a chance to put in much drive time with the new RXV suspensions that have been lifted (other than test drives) so they may be a whole different animal than the older ones. I *DO* know that a Yamaha with pretty much stock everything and the governor bypassed is capable of near 30mph and will retain all of the original torque, something the anemic 13hp EZGO drivetrain isn't.

Bets advice? Take some time and go drive both, see what You like the feel of best.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Bets advice? Take some time and go drive both, see what You like the feel of best.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
Wmay8600
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

How do you bypass the governor on yamaha and what lift would you recommend?
Old 11-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I always stick w Jakes on Yamahas, the suspension already is pretty decent so the 6" A-arm, while not really a "long travel" will still allow a fairly decent ride at a good price.

On Yamahas, the easiest I've found to defeat the governor is to unhook the cable from the rear end to the carb and hook the pedal cable direct - it's a little fiddly to dial in perfectly but once it is it allows You to run unfettered, with a stock 357 cart and a 6" lift on 23" tires You can reasonable expect 32mph+
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO