lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Mb quart Gmr-1 Bluetooth stereo?

Hey guys I have 93 marathon and I'm thinking of installing a mb quart Bluetooth marine stereo on my cart.
Here's a link to what it is. Mbquart.com/nautic/gmr1/
I'm curious if anyone else has this installed on their cart and how they like it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_35.JPG (10.6 KB, 0 views)
gmcman317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mb quart Gmr-1 Bluetooth stereo?

Amazon.com: Pyle PLMRMBT5B Marine Grade 600 Watt Amp Bluetooth 2-Channel Amplifier (Black): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Pyle PLMRMBT5B Marine Grade 600 Watt Amp Bluetooth 2-Channel Amplifier (Black): Car Electronics

I am kicking around a similar install using this unit due to cost and the fact that the Wakeboard Pods I am installing are very efficient so lower wattage is OK ... My buddy had a BT unit in his RZR and the only drawback was the time it took to "pair" when he'd leave or return to the RZR with his phone in his pocket - if we were riding around and got out to do something, it would occasionally take about 3-min to pair the phone and unit to get music and by then we'd be halfway back to the house (I'm hoping not to have the same problem with this one).

I'd go with the optional inputs though just for flexibility - being able to use an older Ipod or ? would be a good idea, if You're bonfiring or ? and your buddies are also using the cart, it'd be nice to toss an old Pod in there and keep everyone in tunes as versus having to leave your phone in the cart
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That loks like a pretty nice unit! I was kinda worried about how long it would take for the bluetooth to hook up also but i fig if i just leave one of my old phones or an ipod in the cart it should be alright? But like you said it's nice to have one where you can just plug in the aux cord and your good to go! The one im looking at getting also has a usb plug to charge anything or you can put music on a usb drive plug that in and it will run off that also. Now i just need to find a cheap pair of 6 1/2 marine speakers to hook up to it. I already have a cheap boss head unit and some pioneer speakers but im changing my dash around and figure go big or go home lol. I need to figure out a better spot to mount them since right now it takes up all the space on my dash and i don't have any cubby holes to anything other than in my drink holders. Im thinking of mounting them on my engine directly behind the seat or on the kick plate by my feet just need good way to cut the holes or them.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Go with wakeboard speakers, I've used several types on carts, etc and there are some serious "Bang for the Buck" deals out there - MTM makes a really cost-effective (albeit large in the 8" 2-way size) set for around $140, otherwise the Bazooka Tubbies at around $300/pr are a LOT of good sound and pretty efficient too (easily driven with 100wrms) - they're already in waterproof enclosires so find a spot, bolt them on and go - I generally leave a bit of the golf bag rack behind the seat when I cut the straps off and mount them there, I'll see if I have a pic of one of the carts I've used them on
Old 04-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I thought about getting some of them but their a little too pricey lol. I don't ride my cart that much so I just need something for cruising the neighborhood and not having to worry about raining wrecking my speakers or if it gets left outside over night moisture on them. I found some decent pioneer marine speakers at best buy for 25 bucks normally 50 might get those still deciding tho.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #6
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's a pic of my dash right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150406_175846061.jpg (257.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Right on ... We have a pretty big chunk of land out here (about 80 acres all told) so during the summers life kind of revolves around the carts for trail maintenance, yardwork, etc (plus we always keep a couple handy for people to cruise the trails on when we're bonfiring or hanging out, etc) - makes it a bit more justifiable to pop a few extra $$ on tunes and fun stuff.

Something to consider is a $15 waterproof mount/cover for the head unit, they work well and will protect your stereo on those "oops" nights
Old 04-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Mb quart Gmr-1 Bluetooth stereo?

I wish I had that much property to ride on lol. My in-laws have 6 acres and lots of dirt roads so I cruise around there house once and awhile. I've thought about bringing my cart up north to ride some Orv trails but haven't got a chance. I'll prolly end up buying that head unit cover if I don't get the bluetooth stereo I'll post some more pics wheni get done redoing my dash and stuff
Old 08-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #9
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Finished my temporary dash till i can get the nicer one done. Turned out pretty decent plus i have my radio and lights again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150702_202707949.jpg (223.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150702_202746983.jpg (191.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150801_212340741.jpg (179.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO