lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2015 F/I Drive questions

I currently have a EZGO 36v that goes 19-20 mph stock. I need more range and speed so I am looking at gas models. I was going for the EZGO gas but today at the dealer (he sells both) they said that the Yamaha with F/I 11 HP would be faster than the EZ 13 HP in the long run. They said that I would be able to get 25-27 with the cable strap and adjusted once it was broken in. The EZ go Kawazaki was not as fast or reliable as the Yammy 11 HP. what are your thoughts, I don’t want to get a new cart and not get the 23-25 MPH in stock mode. I they only go 20 stock doesnt seem smart to get rid of my current cart.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 F/I Drive questions

I was in a new TXT at the golf course today and it is FLAT. It doesn't have much torque
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:21 AM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

From my understanding even if the governor is conplelety bypassed on the yamaha FI models the ecu will still limit the max rpms thus still limiting the top speed. I would say with the governor zip tied to the max with 23" tires you might be able to get 22-23 mph. I have owned 3 yamaha g29 carberuated carts and I know what they are capable of doing but to save the engine at high rpms you have to do some modifications that will void the 4 year warranty. These mods come from a company called plowmans carts which is a sponser here. When you raise the governor for max speed or bypass the engine needs more fuel to accommodate. What ends up happening over long distance runs the engine runs lean which in turn makes lots of heat. The plowmans kits for carberuated carts include larger fuel jets to increase fuel at higher rpms, you mod the airbox to allow the engine to breath in more air, you use a high flow afe performance air filter that is lifetime use for more flow, he includes a extreme Kevlar belt that is wider and shorter to give you better grip and lower gearing, and finally a different clutch spring for the driven clutch to put the power band in the higher rpms where you really need the power. After these mods the cart is a blast to drive. Very peppy and strong. Will pull a tree and climb a canyon. With no lift of large diameter tires 30 mph is possible, with 22-23" tires 33mph is possible.

I can't say a whole lot about the efi models though. It will be the best 200$ you ever spent guaranteed. Call plowmans and ask to speak to don. He will talk you through the entire install and give you his recommendations on what you need from how you tell him you will be using your cart. Tell him BJ from Alabama told you. 810-736-1100
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:03 AM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

On a side note the 2015 models now have a good transaxle and not the team industries anymore which is a plus
Old 05-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
From my understanding even if the governor is conplelety bypassed on the yamaha FI models the ecu will still limit the max rpms thus still limiting the top speed. I would say with the governor zip tied to the max with 23" tires you might be able to get 22-23 mph. I have owned 3 yamaha g29 carberuated carts and I know what they are capable of doing but to save the engine at high rpms you have to do some modifications that will void the 4 year warranty. These mods come from a company called plowmans carts which is a sponser here. When you raise the governor for max speed or bypass the engine needs more fuel to accommodate. What ends up happening over long distance runs the engine runs lean which in turn makes lots of heat. The plowmans kits for carberuated carts include larger fuel jets to increase fuel at higher rpms, you mod the airbox to allow the engine to breath in more air, you use a high flow afe performance air filter that is lifetime use for more flow, he includes a extreme Kevlar belt that is wider and shorter to give you better grip and lower gearing, and finally a different clutch spring for the driven clutch to put the power band in the higher rpms where you really need the power. After these mods the cart is a blast to drive. Very peppy and strong. Will pull a tree and climb a canyon. With no lift of large diameter tires 30 mph is possible, with 22-23" tires 33mph is possible.

I can't say a whole lot about the efi models though. It will be the best 200$ you ever spent guaranteed. Call plowmans and ask to speak to don. He will talk you through the entire install and give you his recommendations on what you need from how you tell him you will be using your cart. Tell him BJ from Alabama told you. 810-736-1100

Thanks for the info, I will call and see what he says about EFI>
Old 05-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #6
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

so what RPM does the fuel injection limit cut in ?

my carb 2011 g-29 will do 31mph by GPS
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I have no idea what rpm it cuts off at. Cgtech would most likely know the exact number. Don't remember 100% who posted that the ecu cut off at a certain rpm but know for sure I read it sometime back here on the forums.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #8
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

flharleycop, I have the new "Drive" F/I and like db is stating, the fuel injection appears to have an ecu cut off. I am not 100% sure on that, but when I tested out the zip tie on mine, I went from the stock 14-16mph to 21-22mph. I have 23" tires and not other mods. I am happy with the stock speed for now, maybe after the warranty runs out, I will start to play around. By then, there will probably be a lot more add-ons for the F/I models. Just my opinion for now.
JD
gadawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #9
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg31 View Post
flharleycop, I have the new "Drive" F/I and like db is stating, the fuel injection appears to have an ecu cut off. I am not 100% sure on that, but when I tested out the zip tie on mine, I went from the stock 14-16mph to 21-22mph. I have 23" tires and not other mods. I am happy with the stock speed for now, maybe after the warranty runs out, I will start to play around. By then, there will probably be a lot more add-ons for the F/I models. Just my opinion for now.

JD

I am good with 22mph, do you see any issues driving at that speed for about 4 miles straight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Never measured the Rpms, but i can attest to a rpm limit in the FI computer. I'll have to get around to testing that.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, fast, gas, speed, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha