lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #21
rocko
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Work Horse /Honda TRX250 drive train

I have thought of using the plate on top the axle by cutting off the hitch receiver , it would tie it all in together and be stronger , but I don't you really need it as I don't have it on the other cart and it has been thru some rough stuff -------
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #22
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

If you want to use the hitch receiver it just flips over, no cutting needed.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:03 PM   #23
rocko
Gone Wild

I am going to flip the hitch on top the axle , so I can mount a hook in it like on the front of my wife's 4x4 in the pic ------- leaving the front alone for a while , waiting on tie rod ends and wheel adaptor/spacers , took off the sheet metal , etc to get in and weld up some frame supports to hold the front motor mount , I need to go forward about 4 inches for the wheels to center in the wheel well , going to do it by welding in another cross brace , then boxing in a section in the center and then cutting the original cross brace to form a recessed box , also thinking of dropping the mount down about 2 inches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1158.jpg (240.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #24
rocko
Gone Wild

a little progress !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1170.jpg (141.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1184.jpg (315.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1185.jpg (388.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1178.jpg (215.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1180.jpg (327.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #25
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

wow nice job rocko , you been busy.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 AM   #26
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looking good Rocko! Keep it up buddy.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:25 AM   #27
rocko
Gone Wild

planning ahead to the fuel tank , would really like to keep the stock tank with it's fuel gauge and not have to do a gravity feed tank above the engine , the stock vacuum fuel pump works on a pulse of vacuum , I could some how put a fitting thru the rubber boot between the carb and the head , or make a spacer block of aluminum or nylotron between the head and the carb boot , drill a hole and thread the block , wondering if shaping the carb and inch back would do anything as far as performance goes -------any thoughts on a vacuum pulse source
Old 05-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #28
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

On mine, I drilled and tapped the intake tube, installed a barb fitting and ran hose from it to the vacuum pump. I ended having to put a T fitting on the fuel line plus a barb valve between T fitting and carb. This allowed me to adjust the amount of fuel to the carb and the rest returned to the tank via the T fitting.

A spacer block would be great if you have the resources to do one. Most guys just tap the valve cover.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #29
rocko
Gone Wild

I could see how the tee and return hose could be needed from reading post on the pump being too much and over powering the float needle -----the valve cover could be an easier way ---- the intake spacer would be clean , but wonder if it would produce a high rise effect , like the old school Eldinbrock manifolds of the 70's
Old 05-27-2015, 05:07 AM   #30
rocko
Gone Wild

Ordering parts for this WorkHorse ST350 , 3 bolt steering column , Kawasaki 350cc , two cylinder 4 stroke , factory lift kit , has always been a chore , clear as day according to the serial number it is a 2004 , but a lot of references to parts shows 2001.5 as being the end of the 3 bolt set up and the start of the 4 bolt ------most sites don't even list WorkHorse and if the do it's the 1200 or 800 and seldom the ST350 , sometimes TXT parts match up sometimes not ------------ didn't do much work on the cart over the holiday , sanded , primed and painted the rear rims
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO