lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
jfoerch
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for tips on EZGO TXT modifications

Hey all. New to this forum and new to golf carts in general, so I'm hoping that you guys can point me in the right direction on some of my questions. I have a bunch, but I'll just start with a few. I attached a couple pictures of the cart to the thread but can take some more if it would be helpful.

First though, we just bought a used (obviously) '96 EZGO TXT cart. It seems to run really good and I'm not looking to go too crazy on mods. The people we bought it from put a rear seat on it and changed the rear tires to the knobby kind, but left the fronts stock. They also lifted the cart, but I'm not exactly sure how. Looks like they flipped some springs over, but I'm really not sure what the different ways are for doing it.

Upgrades I'm considering, leading to the questions:

Paint: Should I use an automotive grade paint? Do I need to sand off all the original paint or just enough to scuff it up?

Headlights: Any particular setup better than the others? I found a set on Amazon for $68.

New front tires: Looks like they kept the rims stock and just changed the tires. What size tires should I look for? Are these standard tires that would go on a 4-wheeler? The cart isn't here right now otherwise I would go and check what they say on them.

Seats: The seats are pretty ratty with some pretty big holes. and the wood on the back is old and soft. I'm thinking I just make some wood patterns from the old pieces, buy new seat covers and re-use the existing foam. Any problems with this approach or recommended locations for getting the new covers?

Anything else I should keep in mind since this cart is from '96?

Thanks in advance and sorry for putting so much in my first post...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9125.jpg (198.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9127.jpg (194.0 KB, 0 views)
jfoerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO