lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
nhwing
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 Marathon Oil Pump

I am looking for an oil pump rebuild kit or replacement pump for my 86 with the Robin... I know that a lot of you switch to mix but I would prefer to keep the injection system, I have a thing about keeping piles of fuel cans in my garage...

Anyone know where I can find a new pump or parts??? If none are available would a pump from the injector system on a snowmobile work????

Thanks
nhwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
chevydmax6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 86 Marathon Oil Pump

The problem with keeping the pump is u never no when it stops work till it is to late or not mixing the correct amount
chevydmax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
nhwing
Not Yet Wild

I hear your concern. If I was the only person running and fueling the car I might pull the pump but I have several other 2 stroke machines that use oil injection systems. My biggest concern stems from multiple users of the equipment who may be fueling them, not knowing that the engine is a 2 stroke, not knowing the proper ratio when filling a fuel can, or putting in unmixed or the wrong mix of fuel or like I had happen a while ago with a chain saw... quart of 10w-30 into a 2 gallon fuel mix.... talk about a smoky mess... I would rather chance a pump failure over a human one. That is why I am looking to rebuild or replace the pump prior to failure....

Again anyone know where I can get a pump or rebuild parts?????
nhwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhwing View Post
I hear your concern. If I was the only person running and fueling the car I might pull the pump but I have several other 2 stroke machines that use oil injection systems. My biggest concern stems from multiple users of the equipment who may be fueling them, not knowing that the engine is a 2 stroke, not knowing the proper ratio when filling a fuel can, or putting in unmixed or the wrong mix of fuel or like I had happen a while ago with a chain saw... quart of 10w-30 into a 2 gallon fuel mix.... talk about a smoky mess... I would rather chance a pump failure over a human one. That is why I am looking to rebuild or replace the pump prior to failure....

Again anyone know where I can get a pump or rebuild parts?????
The one on my cart worked just fine, but I removed it and use premixed fuel. Did you find one yet?
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO