lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
Kilo_mdm
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 ezgo ST 2+2

Hi guys. Just got the ezgo st 2+2 for my first cart. I'm very unfamiliar with carts in general. I picked this one because it was already lifted and came with 20" tires. I've been looking for accessories and parts, and when I search the web I never see any for the ST. Mostly txt model pops up. Are these carts interchangeable as far as accessories go, or is the ST just a less popular model?

This is my first post besides a small introduction I made. Any advise would be great. Also, using my phone gps, it clocked a max speed of 14.5 mph. Is this slow for a cart or normal? Thanks all.
Kilo_mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2016, 06:40 AM   #2
Kilo_mdm
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 ezgo ST 2+2

Any ideas?
Kilo_mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #3
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 ezgo ST 2+2

not 100% sure but looking at service manual it looks very close to the TXT but id wait till someone chimes in on it

speed is about right 11MPH is normal with 18 inch tire on flat ground
plus the variance of your tire size faster top end Slower on bottom

performance would be get the 28 Degree clutch necessary to regain low end torque on lifted carts look at your clutch before ordering and make sure of engraving on the side if it says 28 then you already have it, 36 means you may want the upgrade

otherwise top speed can be gained by taller tires but you need to know what lift and how tall of a lift it is 20" tire can fit with no lift 22"is a 4-5" lift 6"+ is a 23" tire

you could go cheap route and adjust the governor I wouldnt go too radical just slight gains at a time. tighten it all the way up and you may be likely to wear out engine faster

QUOTE ROCKNRONE I have an 08 St Sport 2 with the subaru, my governor is on top of the rear axle . Just take the cover off and tighten the nut up to compress the spring. Go little by little until it's fast enough for you. Simple, quick, and easy. Mine went from 11mph to 21-22 with my stock tires. This is the easiest performance gain. If you do this, I'd change oil in both with Mobil-1 Synthetic to protect the motor from the higher rpms it'll be turning.
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO