lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 2pg no start.

I separated the muffler from the exhaust pipe and tried that first, it popped and backfired a few times. Then I pulled the carb off.

Checked it out. every thing was clean, and open. put it back together, tried it out. Cranked over a few times and started blowing raw gas out the exhaust pipe, and a lot of it.

Said screw it for today, this is how my whole day went.
and outa beer to boot.
geer hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #12
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I gotta pull it apart again and double check the float, inlet needle and seat. It looked good and so did the adjustment, but it cant be seating correctly for it to be dumping that much gas in it.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #13
JeffHWV
Not Yet Wild

I usually turn a carb upside down so the weight of the float holds the needle valve closed and suck on the inlet fitting to make sure it doesn't leak before I put the carb back on. Then you know that if the float will actually float it will seal. Seems like when mine had a bad needle valve, the fuel ran down the intake duct and not into the motor, but I guess it depends on how level the cart is.

I would check to make sure that the fuel pump diaphram is not bad and letting fuel run into the crankcase, through the impulse orifice. If you take the pump off it should hold vacuum on the hole in the center of the o- ring, if not the diaphram is leaking.
JeffHWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #14
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeh I finely pulled the fuel pump, and the bottom diaphragm is cracked. When I put the carb back on it blew ALOT of raw fuel out the exhaust when I started to crank it over. The weird thing is, it didn't show up until after I removed and reinstalled the carb.

Before I took the carb off I pulled the fuel line going to the carb and cranked it over. I shot fuel out the line like crazy.

I think this thing is related to mother nature, and she hates me.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #15
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got a GREAT deal on a fuel pump rebuild kit. It came today, but is pouring out, so will have to wait till tomorrow night to put it together and try it out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO