lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: My Fan install

Perfect time to mention it, now that it's done. But, did you consider wiring the fans in series? That would have made the fans a 24v circuit. This would have limited the possibility of fan overspeed to 50%, instead of the current configuration which would allow the fans to reach triple their rated speed & voltage at "full throttle". It would allow you to use the knob from zero to 2/3 without overspeed, instead of zero to 1/3. Also allowing more precise speed control. I believe it would have increased the efficiency of your Pwm regulator too.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

When we decided to get a golf cart to roam around the area in, both my SWMBO and I were golf cart illiterates and after I narrowed the dozen or so available at the time down to three for various technical reasons, she picked the one we took home because she liked the nose art.

Been there and done that, so I absolutely understand how the bare aluminum rails quickly became flat black.

Great solution to the bug and heat issues.

BTW: The controller you use for fan speed is a mini version of the controllers used in series carts. The controllers used in our Sepex carts have a high power controller for the armature and low power controllers for the field in the same box, but the same PWM principles apply to all of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coyote Nose Art.jpg (309.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #23
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Perfect time to mention it, now that it's done. But, did you consider wiring the fans in series?.......
My error, should have included the electrical info..... duhhhhhhh.... sorry......

The power for the fan/pwm combo is provided by a DC>DC converter (Thanks ScottyB!!). So they are limited to whatever speed they could have reached installed in a vehicle with 12VDC.... We very seldom run them wide open, generally at half speed. At that speed there is enough wind that they have difficulty landing.... They will get on a leg every now and then.... Ohhhh dear.... another fan application...LOL

All of the native 12VDC 'stuff' on the cart is connected to the converter, no issues with that setup at all.....
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #24
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Thanks for the update to this thread!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I know this is an ancient thread, but if you decide to fish wires up the roof supports, I did mine with the bolts removed, then used an ice pick to spread them enough to reinstall the bolts. I got so many wires in both supports, I doubt an ant could crawl up them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #26
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I know this is an ancient thread, but if you decide to fish wires up the roof supports, I did mine with the bolts removed, then used an ice pick to spread them enough to reinstall the bolts. I got so many wires in both supports, I doubt an ant could crawl up them.
Old thread or not, it's a great idea. I thought of trying something along those lines, but with my luck I would have punctured something and had fireworks..... I may give it a go, if I feel lucky some rainy day....

I also thought of drilling a 32'nd of an inch larger, then possbly the 'flange' inside would come out... someday maybe...

Would work in well with my 'hardware' replacement - Slowly I am replacing all bolt hardware with stainless.... That other stuff just does not make it here near the coast.....
Thanks....
Henri
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fans, pwm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO