lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Really Really need some electrical help. PLEASE!

2012 TXT

So, I've looked at schematics till I'm blue in the face. Best I can tell the blue and green go to the ignition. Still not sure what the red does or the black. I assume they would be for the reverse buzzer that is not connect. I'm guessing the blue wire and green wire complete the circuit when the accelerator is pressed.

Ok, so the previous owner seems to have bypassed the micro switch, because they ran a hard wire from the battery to the ignition. Blue wire and green wire are then hooked together. It starts and runs just fine. However, I keep killing the battery after just a short run time.

So, am I correct to assume the blue and green wires are the proper ignition wires? The red doesn't have power so what is it for? Would it get power if the micro switch was functioning properly. We are on Vacation and my wife is about to strangle me. It miraculously started and got us back to the condo but died after arrival. Battery is completely dead and back on charger. I replaced the battery with a deep cell marine just today.
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #2
TX Foilhead
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Really Really need some electrical help. PLEASE!

This is the way I understand it after burning a few wires.

There's a hot wire to the key switch, swith on connects this to the other wire which goes to the gas pedal. Gas pedal down connects the wire to the small post on the solenoid which connects the large posts on the solenoid together and runs the starter/generator. The other small post on the solenoid goes to ground. The buzzer switch should get power from the output side of the key switch so it will buzz before the S/G is on.

As far as where each wire connects, I can't help you there, I too removed all the wiring from my cart and had to figure things out the hard way.
TX Foilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:39 PM   #3
Ronman
Getting Wild

Thanks. But I really need to figure out what books up where.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #4
Ronman
Getting Wild

Default Re: Really Really need some electrical help. PLEASE! Updated

I'm just gonna put this here and hope it can be found if anyone ever needs it.

1st: hot wiring around the carts electrical system is only a band aid. It may get you home, but that's about all. You aren't charging your battery.

I was able to determine the blue wire goes to 1 on the ignition terminal. The green wire goes to B1 and jumpers to the gas gauge.

The important things that were missing from whoever hot wired the cart I bought. The green wire goes to a microswitch in the pedal box under the floorboard. This switch completes your circuit. It then goes back to the starter/generator and charges your battery. This is the reason my cart was draining mine every time I ran it.

I also found the green wire disconnected at the Quick connect by the solinoid. I found the 7.5 fuse hidden under the solinoid and it was burned out.

I made the 3 connections, removed the Hotwire job they did and it not runs as intended. Also have a functioning gas gauge.

I'm assuming the red and black wire in the dash harness are for the buzzer (I think that's what it is) that's behind the dash but I was unable to connect them. Ill give them a try later.

Hope this info helps someone else.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #5
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like the generator isn't working to keep the battery charged. What year and model is the cart ? I need to look up the diagram so that I can look at the same thing your looking at, and then take it from there. Unless you can upload the diagram here for me to see.

The problem is (as it sounds in your case) is that when a wire goes bad, someone will change it with what ever color they have handy. ie: The diagram shows a blue wire and it was replaced with a black. In this case you need to find where the wire starts and where it ends according to the diagram, then trace the wire in the cart to make sure that both ends go where they are supposed to, regardless of the color.
geer hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
Ronman
Getting Wild

Thanks Geer Hed but I got it figure out. See my post above yours to read what I found and how I fixed it. Everything appears to be in working order. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO