lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #11
Leotis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 EZGO/2005 Western dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
If the batteries are good, and the proper voltage, and charged up, and is stuttering, might check the ITS in the floor?
ITS?
The batteries are band new and are 85% charged.
Leotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2016, 08:45 PM   #12
Leotis
Not Yet Wild

Well I don't need to worry about the shudder anymore, I Jumped in the cart tonight to take it on a quick run around the block to check all the lights and turn signals and all it did was go CLICK, Put it in reverse CLICK.

So that all I get is a click, batteries are brand new and charged, I got the charger setup on the proper algorithm.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:25 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Shuddering usual indicates low voltage so check the pack voltage under the load of taking off..... and check for a bad cable connection somewhere in the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #14
Leotis
Not Yet Wild

Don't have any jack stands to perform the tests myself, but today I decided to see if it would work.
So I get in it hit gas and nothing at first but a second later it takes off, although it still hesitates and studders before takeoff while sitting still.
I did notice today that if I'm moving and hit pedal it does not hesitate it just takes off.
This weekend I will get some jack stands and check the voltage user load, right now it's reading just under 54 volts and moves if I give it a push and press the pedal down.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Sounds like your shudder issue is in the motor-more than likely short brushes. Pulling the motor will verify this. Chances are good motor could be rebuilt.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #16
Leotis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Sounds like your shudder issue is in the motor-more than likely short brushes. Pulling the motor will verify this. Chances are good motor could be rebuilt.
Thanks, I was afraid of that, how do I know for sure pull the motor? And I'm assuming there's a sticky or guide on the forum somewhere to show me how?

New batteries, new controller soon, new motor possibly, I guess I should of bought a new, but where is the fun in that...
Old 09-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Cart doesn't run-check for continuity on A1 and A2 terminals- no continuity means the brushes are not touching, that's not good.

The Motor is so easy to pull and with the issue you have and have checked everything else, it all points to the motor
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would pull and service the motor. That condition can ruin the commutator in a hurry if you run it when the brushes are worn down to the point where they make poor contact.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotis View Post
Don't have any jack stands to perform the tests myself, but today I decided to see if it would work.
So I get in it hit gas and nothing at first but a second later it takes off, although it still hesitates and studders before takeoff while sitting still.
I did notice today that if I'm moving and hit pedal it does not hesitate it just takes off.
This weekend I will get some jack stands and check the voltage user load, right now it's reading just under 54 volts and moves if I give it a push and press the pedal down.
What you are describing could be either the motor brushes or the batteries, I agree that checking the brushes is a great idea, but just for future reference, you can't check the batteries under "load" with the cart on jack stands. The cart has to be on the ground to perform a rolling load test on the batteries. Simply hook your DVM to the main positive and negative of the pack and hit the gas. The voltage will drop and depending on how far it drops you can determine if the batteries are failing under load.

Once you determine they are failing under load (typically a 48volt cart dropping to 42-44 volts would indicate a failure), then you can try to "load" test the individual batteries to determine if it is the pack or a single battery.

even new batteries can fail under loaded conditions.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #20
Leotis
Not Yet Wild

So how do I service the motor, is there a rebuild kit I can purchase?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO