lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2019, 02:50 AM   #51
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Picked up another cart

The death of a project...

I decided to tear this 2008 RXV apart, salvage everything I need from it, and sell it. I removed the body so that I could remove the lithium pack, controller, harness, motor, pedal assemblies, body parts, ect. By yesterday, the only thing remaining was my tires and wheels. First picture...

I removed the tires and wheels, and put them on my next project cart. I put stock tires and wheels on the rear axle. I then bolted a hitch coupler to the front. Second picture...

After that, a friend offered to buy it from me for what I paid for it, $500. With his help, we re-assembled it with parts from other RXVs. It now has a body, seat, and roof attached.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008 Flood RXV 1.jpg (1.13 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2008 Flood RXV 2.jpg (311.6 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2019, 11:03 PM   #52
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You would not want to just cut it off and leave it floating, as that could allow it to wander in potential and cause unpredictable behavior. You would use the interlock terminals to interrupt the throttle signal and take it to logic ground. The yellow wire from the throttle encoder would be cut and connected to interlock NO. The other end of the yellow wire (to the controller) would be connected to the interlock Com. The interlock NC would be connected to the black wire. You can connect to those wires where the harness passes under the passenger side of the seat, in the battery compartment.

I prefer my setup, as the RXV sounds off an alarm instead of coming to a sudden stop and will need to be towed to a safe place to be charged.

Bob
I am trying to map out everything and have forum members review it before beginning my build. One question that just dawned on me is that I am not certain which "black wire" Bob is recommending I connect to the interlock NC?
bernito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #53
Keith93611
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I keep seeing reference to using a relay, what is the purpose of the relay?
Keith93611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #54
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith93611 View Post
I keep seeing reference to using a relay, what is the purpose of the relay?
The relay shuts off the charger if the batteries get too close to fully charged, and turn off the cart (or sound a warning beeper) when the batteries get down to your low voltage cutoff setting to protect them from overdischarge.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO