lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear diff. Humbling question

On my RXV Shuttle 2+2, I jacked up the front end to make the rear pan mounting face level, applied the gasket maker, filled the rear pan with oil, then put it in place. I had to hold it there with one hand while I put the bolts in the holes and started them with the other. It was difficult to maneuvere close enough to get both hands in there at the same time. Once I had 2 bolts in across from one another snugged up enough to hold the pan on I brought the rest to the same point, then tightened them all.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #12
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So if I have the axle off my cart, drain the differential, then remove the pan with the differential inverted, can I just pour "X" amount of oil in the differential while it's upside down, replace the pan, turn it right side up and be OK? Does anyone know what "X" should be on a 99 TXT? I think Gornoman said in another post it was 10 oz.
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:39 AM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxPilot View Post
So if I have the axle off my cart, drain the differential, then remove the pan with the differential inverted, can I just pour "X" amount of oil in the differential while it's upside down, replace the pan, turn it right side up and be OK? Does anyone know what "X" should be on a 99 TXT? I think Gornoman said in another post it was 10 oz.
You should not invert a rear axle with the used oil in it. If there are any metal particles in the pan, they need to be removed and not dumped into the gears. The drain plug is not at the lowest point in the pan. Leave the rear end upright and remove the drain plug (if it has one), then remove the bolts and lower the pan. Clean the pan and mating surfaces thoroughly.

Consult the manual for your carts rear end to determine which oil and how much to put in. With my RXV, it requires 10 ounces and it must contain limited slip additive. I used synthetic differential lube and additive.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:13 AM   #14
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You should not invert a rear axle with the used oil in it.
Uh-oh.
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #15
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the links JohnnieB! Will these manuals work for my 2000 TXT PDS shuttle 2x2?
lawnripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO