lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #11
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36-48v upgrade and reducer setup

Figured I had it wrong. I was probing the two pins on the coil part of the relay.

I'm out of time today and am back at the firehouse the next two days, so Ill report back Friday on what I find when I do it correctly.

I did measure the resistance earlier but forgot to post. I got 86 ohms when probing those same two pins. Did I do that part correctly? Sergio, it sounds in line with the numbers you threw out.

I don't think throwing a resistor in there would be too much trouble, if I can get this figured out on how to size it. I'm assuming, since the current 12v goes directly from the 2 6vs to the switch, that the resistor would go before the switch?

I know its a poor question without having the specs on the switch (tech guy did say the 22mm version said 12-24v, but mine is 19mm and just said 12v) but are we fairly confident that if I did just put the 16v to it, that the switch and / or relay would fail?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 36-48v upgrade and reducer setup

That is a standard 12v relay.

Just do like JohnnieB said and put a resistor in series with the positive wire coming from the +16v battery post.

The resistor will be a 30Ω x 2w @ 5%.

Hopefully You can find it locally ( 30Ω to 47Ω x 2W will work), but if not, here is a link:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...haXGjIgLAxA%3d
The switch is fine since you are dealing with very low current.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO