lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #1
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Front End Bouncing

2008 E-ZGO RXV. Got my new tires on and that didn't seem to help Matter of fact is probable worse. When driving straight on a hard surface road, the front end bounces up and down. Feels like the tires are out of round. Most notable is when making a left hand turn with steering wheel turned all the way feels like the lug nuts are loose and the wheel is about to come off. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Harry
hmsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front End Bouncing

There are a lot of crap tires going around i had some they seem to be the cheap ones, mine were.

All I can say is try to return them. Show pics and stuff to try get a warranty.
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

First, make sure all of the lugs are tight.

The try reducing air pressure until side walls at bottom are only about 1/2 the height as the sidewall it the top. Then drive slowly on a smooth hard surface for about 30 feet yards or so and then re-inflate tires to normal pressure.

The beads weren't fully seated on my new tires and that trick took care of problem.

Of course, your tires may actually be out of round.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I see the problem. There is play between the spindle and hub where it attaches to the mount. Looks like I need to shim it with a washer. Now having a devil of a time getting the nut off the bolt so I can get in there. Must be a lot of torque there. I will report back .

Thanks,
Harry
Old 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #5
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Can't get that nut off. Can't budge it . But then I'm old and not very strong. Whats the chance its a left hand thread??

Thanks,
Old 04-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It's not left hand, it's just crazy tight. They all are. I have seen that most Rxv has some slop in those kingpin bushings, but I think you just found those while chasing the real problem. Another thing to check. Try removing the center caps (covers the hub). Have seen many that were not quite sized correctly to fit in the groove in the rim. If that's it, a pair of tin snips will solve it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:33 AM   #7
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, Good idea on deflating the tires a bit and driving on them the seat the bead
I will give that a try next time

Hi Harry, I think Cgtech is correct that the slop in a spindle or kingpin may tilt the tire but it wont make it bounce or shake out of round.

Keep with it dont waste to much time if you have bad tires and can return them.
I waited and got stuck with them
Old 04-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #8
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

I seem to notice the front end of a lot of rxv's that i drive, will bounce at higher speeds.

A ezgo dealer told me that the rxv's will bounce at hi speeds because the front end is so light weight, that the air is trying to lift the front end as you drive fast, and said it is normal??

Since i have experienced this on quite a few rxv's, i was under the impression maybe the dealer was correct???

I would like to know if anyone disgrees with this, and can offer another answer or input?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #9
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a good wheele machine platform :
Old 04-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
I seem to notice the front end of a lot of rxv's that i drive, will bounce at higher speeds.

A ezgo dealer told me that the rxv's will bounce at hi speeds because the front end is so light weight, that the air is trying to lift the front end as you drive fast, and said it is normal??

Since i have experienced this on quite a few rxv's, i was under the impression maybe the dealer was correct???

I would like to know if anyone disgrees with this, and can offer another answer or input?
Lol! That just means he doesn't want to deal with your out-of-round tires & funky rims!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO