lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 06:37 AM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Tire size....correct rim size?

I'm putting on a set of Kendra 22-7-10 on the front of my TXT so the cart will "squeeze" thru the wheel wells of my truck with the new long travel front end on it.

So....what would be the "better" size (width) wheel to mount these on? I ordered and have 7" wide wheels. But before I mount 'em I'm thinking I should send 'em back and swap 'em for 6" wide wheels. (BTW....the 7" wheels are 3-4 offset. Not that, that makes a big deal for this question.) The 6" wheel would be 3-3 with no offset. I have front Jakes brakes so the inside 3" is a must.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for your input.

Dave

Edit: The wheels on it now are 3-5. And just a tad to wide.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tire size....correct rim size?

Most atvs with that size tire run a narrower rim. While a straight sidewall gives better handling, unless your tires have a decent rim guard [and not many cheaper tires do anymore], you are really vulnerable to rim scrapes. Sounds like you have the right idea though, a 6" rim with a 7" tire should work nice!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO