lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2017, 01:00 AM   #1
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs down Handheld programers

Hi Scotty & others experts along with the rest of us doing our best to understand EVs. I repair and build a dcecnt amount of carts so I purchased the latest Curtis handheld programmer available to the public at the time from FSIP which was the 1313. Calling it a programmer is very misleading because I have yet figured out how to program anything at all on any cart. As a diagnostic tool it's great. Club car, EZGO I've plugged it into and used it at least 50 times to diagnose and clear codes and love it. On the other hand I hate that it doesn't allow me to get into and change any parameters, although I do understand the OEM reasons. My question is. Can I unlock it /up date it/jail break it or what ever you masters may call it? And if there absolutely is no way to use this piece to get into actually programming does the Chinese knockoff offered all over the inter web allow programming like it claims it does? Lastly if my only option is to sell it and go the EBay route.anyone looking to purchase a never used hand held programmer? (Like the way I got around saying I use it daily to scan and clear codes )
Thank you guys and I've donated several times to BGW and I believe everyone should for every correct response provided .
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2017, 03:15 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Handheld programers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Hi Scotty & others experts along with the rest of us doing our best to understand EVs. I repair and build a dcecnt amount of carts so I purchased the latest Curtis handheld programmer available to the public at the time from FSIP which was the 1313. Calling it a programmer is very misleading because I have yet figured out how to program anything at all on any cart. As a diagnostic tool it's great. Club car, EZGO I've plugged it into and used it at least 50 times to diagnose and clear codes and love it. On the other hand I hate that it doesn't allow me to get into and change any parameters, although I do understand the OEM reasons. My question is. Can I unlock it /up date it/jail break it or what ever you masters may call it? And if there absolutely is no way to use this piece to get into actually programming does the Chinese knockoff offered all over the inter web allow programming like it claims it does? Lastly if my only option is to sell it and go the EBay route.anyone looking to purchase a never used hand held programmer? (Like the way I got around saying I use it daily to scan and clear codes )
Thank you guys and I've donated several times to BGW and I believe everyone should for every correct response provided .
Read this long thread, especially towards the end.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html

If you still have questions after that, let me know.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:29 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Totally unrelated question. Before your subject on your post, is that a "red thumbs down" or a cat? How do you add that?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Handheld programers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Totally unrelated question. Before your subject on your post, is that a "red thumbs down" or a cat? How do you add that?
There is an option for the selection of a symbol when you make a post.

Look for the line "You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:" and the box to select one from. I added the thumbsup to mine here.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:50 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yep!

You'll see the icons below the message box! "no icon" is the forum default.
lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:33 AM   #6
crash test dummy

Talking it is not a cat

Old 05-28-2017, 07:37 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Question Re: it is not a cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
Or is it?
Old 05-28-2017, 07:40 AM   #8
crash test dummy

Post this is default reply

Last edited by crash test dummy; 05-28-2017 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: being a smart azz
Old 05-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I stand corrected!

Last edited by lockman1; 05-28-2017 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: apperently I'm not paying attention!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #10
crash test dummy

Cool no ... when you start a thread the default is no icon

Tags
curtis 1313, hand held, programers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO