lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Wildcatford
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Do they make electrical plate covers?

Just purchased my first cart, a 2000 EZGO TXT non PDS 36v. Purchased as a non-working project.

I gutted the electronics, and noticed how exposed the plate was without any cover. Do they make any covers for these? It would be nice to keep the dirt out. I can't find one online where I know to look. If there's not one, has anyone made one?

I'm assuming if they don't it's due to the risk of overheating the speed controller, but I'm sure someone out there has gotten creative. I'd love to see what you have.

-Luke
Wildcatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Do they make electrical plate covers?

If you post a picture of what you mean by "plate" that would be helpful. I have a TXT model so I'm really lost as to what you mean by "plate". Unless your referring to a stock controller that perhaps had the cover plate removed and tossed?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Aftermarket controllers should not be covered up. they get dirty but more importantly - they need exposure to cool.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
Wildcatford
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was referring to the plate that the speed controller/solenoid is attached to. I know the speed controllers are sealed, but dirt does a good job of getting into everything

Thanks Scotty! I assumed that heat could be a problem. I'm of the mindset to do it right once, and make "design upgrades" to help longevity. Sounds like this one would prevent the latter.
Wildcatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Just try to mount them high and dry.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

---

Last edited by NCPW; 06-02-2017 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: Double post
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO