lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #11
mdjackson24
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need advice - S4, TXT or RXV

Which 350A controller do you have on your RXV? Do they make bigger controllers for the RXV's?

I would not be towing the trailer for any type of distance. I just need the ability to back the trailer into the back of the property. It goes down a slight slope and doing it by hand would be difficult. Right now I am doing this same thing using my Kubota zero turn. I figure a cart could do it easier.

What year is your RXV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
I have an RXV w/ the 350A controller. Torque and hills are not a problem. I would be concerned about stating whether or not towing a 6x10 trailer around was a good idea...It's still a golf cart and would think a gas UTV would be better suited...but what do I know.

My cart still has the stock brake....I'm sure I have been lucky to not have had any issues. I have 12" wheels.
mdjackson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Mwvngj8D8
2010 EZGO RXV
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

EZGO specifies that you can tow up to 3 other carts at once with one cart. (golf course duty) This assumes all the carts are the same basic configuration eg. "golf". This is true for both the TXT and RXV.

I don't think there would be a problem moving your trailer around even without upgrades.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:24 PM   #14
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
EZGO specifies that you can tow up to 3 other carts at once with one cart. (golf course duty) This assumes all the carts are the same basic configuration eg. "golf". This is true for both the TXT and RXV.

I don't think there would be a problem moving your trailer around even without upgrades.
Very true....
But upgrades are just so much fun!
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjackson24 View Post
Which 350A controller do you have on your RXV? Do they make bigger controllers for the RXV's?

I would not be towing the trailer for any type of distance. I just need the ability to back the trailer into the back of the property. It goes down a slight slope and doing it by hand would be difficult. Right now I am doing this same thing using my Kubota zero turn. I figure a cart could do it easier.

What year is your RXV?
I don't think you really understand the concept of Amp ratings on DC motor controllers vs 3 phase PMAC controllers.

On a series DC cart, HALF of the power consumed is used to generate each half of the magnetic circuit. Brushes are used to switch the poles of coils in the armature to cause the magnetic fields to rotate around the rotor, pushing/pulling against the fixed state electromagnetic fields of the stator. Both sets of forces are from electromagnets, requiring electrical power. The electrical to rotational power efficiency of a Series motor with decent torque typically tops out at around 50 to 55%. SepEx can be higher efficiency, at a cost of torque.

On a PMAC cart, permanent magnets are installed on the rotor, so no power is consumed by the armature. most of the applied power to the motor is consumed within the stator only. The controller replaces the action of brushes, and drives a series of coils arranged around the stator. The controller drives these coils with a simulated sine wave on each coil, each 120 degrees out of phase with the next coil. All 3 sets of coils add up to a full 360 degrees. The permant magnets of the rotor chase the rotating magnetic fields of the stator. Power is factored as the power of each phase, ie max of 235 Amps, multiplied by the number of phases of the motor, 3 in this case. So while the effective power (torque) of the PMAC drive behaves as though the motor were running at a max of 705 Amps, actual power consumption from the DC supply is much lower. The power applied is devoted to creating phase differential, not just hard switching of north/south magnetic fields. So while you can get high torque, the electrical to rotational power efficiency is typically greater than 90%. The actual efficiency depends on how hard you load the motor, but if operated within the E-Z-GO operational specifications, can range from 92% to 98%.

This means that PMAC drives are nearly twice as efficient as Series DC drives.

In the RXV, with the exception of the 350 Amp upgrade controller pretty much everything performance related is done via programming instead of buying upgrades.

The main consideration here is how concerned you are with accepting the higher complexity of the RXV vs the much simpler Series drive carts that you can throw money at to upgrade. SepEx carts are great for speed, but are not as robust in the torque department.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:16 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sepex carts are producing more torque than they did even 5 years ago. Advancement in motor and controller design has closed the gap between series and sepex.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #17
ONEDAY
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjackson24 View Post
1. 20mph would be nice
2. I was not aware there were different types of TXT's. I am looking at 2012s and up.
3. I will not be out deep into the woods for long periods of time and this would be the activity that is done the least out of my original list. Do you still think upgrading all of those components is necessary?
4. I am going with a 48v setup.

I'm following this. I need to do the same thing to my cart. Let me know how it works out for you

I need some parts To make my cart run better
ONEDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO