lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 can not log data file

Next thing you know, there will be a sensor in the cupholders, so you can datalog your adult beverage usage.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 can not log data file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post
I splurged for the N.O. thermostat installed by EMP at motor brushes that triggers at 284 *F. Its connected to a blinking red light/buzzer combo. The motor from EMP is Class H and can survive up to 356*F (I know you know all these fun facts JohnnieB but in case for others reading), I also attached a probe temp meter to the case so I can watch motor case temps rising real time- more of a preventative measure to avoid the buzzer ever having to trip
Class-H is the rating of the insulation on the wires used to wind the field and armature coils and 356°F is the max temperature for those wires. The max temperature when measured at the case is 239°F.

Also, monitoring at the case isn't exactly real time since it takes some time for the heat to migrate from the windings to the case and after a hard run, the motor case temperature will continue to climb for several minutes.

Glad to hear you are working with EMP to come up with the best map for your setup.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO