lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #1
crabtree5402
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie Needs help - EZGO Rear End noise and passenger side tire won't rotate

Hello All, I am a new golf cart owner and new to this forum. My Electric EZGO TXT started making noise and stopped moving. I thought it might be a stripped hub. That was not it.

The axel turns when the hub if off. Put any weight or resistance on the axel and it stops spinning.

I grabbed onto it with pliers and you can see and feel the slip.

I have a video of it, but since I am a new member, I cannot post the video link.

Any ideas what needs replaced?

If I need to remove the axel and the bearing, how do I do that? I cannot seem to locate a video or tutorial on how to get the bearing or axel out.
crabtree5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
hunt365
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie Needs help - EZGO Rear End noise and passenger side tire won't rotate

There is a good write up on the axel and bearing removal in the stickies.
hunt365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
crabtree5402
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie Needs help - EZGO Rear End noise and passenger side tire won't rotate

Thanks Hunt. I was able to get the axel and bearing out, but I still cannot determine why the axel slips. It seems to be in fine condition.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Could a bad bearing cause the axel to slip?

It seems that it is slipping on the end inside the crank box
Old 06-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
crabtree5402
Not Yet Wild

I just finished removing the oil pan from the rear differential. There are no flakes in the oil and no chunks. All of the gears appear to look fine. And the passenger side axel will spin when touching the gas. However as soon as I grab the axel, it stops spinning and I can see the gear inside the differential discontinue moving. Do I need to replace the entire differential?
Old 06-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
hunt365
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Crabtree,I'm new to the forum myself. I'm sure some of the experts on here will be around to help you soon. Wealth of knowledge on BGW. I'm thinking maybe the input shaft, but that is just a shot in the dark.
hunt365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

When you grab the axle, everything inside stops spinning? Surely that causes some bad sounds?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #7
crabtree5402
Not Yet Wild

Only one piece stops spinning. It does not create any noise at all when I do that. However, when the tire is on and you press the accelerator, there is an awful growling noise that come from the rear. When that began, the cart stopped moving forward. The left rear side moves, the right rear side will not.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO