lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
duder1982
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax XCT programing

Over the summer I have upgraded my motor controller and solenoid on my 2000 EZ GO TXT. I have installed the 400amp XCT from Carts Unlimited. One thing I notice is that there seems to be excessive acceleration when the throttle crosses the threshold. I would prefer to have more of a subtle take off and not have the cart ramp up to full speed once the throttle kicks in.

is it as simple as downloading the program and connect to the motor controller and re program the settings? I assume I can drive the cart with the laptop plugged in and adjust on the fly. If it is this easy, any tips?

Also, what should my voltage drop down to once I am driving? I have a battery gauge installed and wondered what the operating voltage should drop down to. It seems to run at 35-36 volts, except when I have been running it quit a bit for that day.

Thanks
duder1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax XCT programing

Yes it is that easy. There are many here running Alltrax who I'm sure would be happy to share their settings. My cart is different but I'd be happy to work with you on your throttle curve.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The single most effective change you can make to the XCT program in terms of softening the pedal response is to change from STREET to TURF mode.
Second would be to reduce the throttle rate.
Alternatively, you can go to the throttle page and modify the throttle curve. By default this is a straight line at 45º. Simply add a few points in the line with the click of the mouse button and drag these points down in ascending order to form a bell curve. So the angle is less steep at the start and gradually inclines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-16 PDS torque curve.JPG (87.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS D&D 502 curve.JPG (70.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
duder1982
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Yes it is that easy. There are many here running Alltrax who I'm sure would be happy to share their settings. My cart is different but I'd be happy to work with you on your throttle curve.
Awesome, and thanks for you help in advance. I will be down at the cart this weekend, so I will be able to plug into it. Once I pull up the curve, I assume I should be able to take a screen shot of the curve and post it here.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
duder1982
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The single most effective change you can make to the XCT program in terms of softening the pedal response is to change from STREET to TURF mode.
Second would be to reduce the throttle rate.
Alternatively, you can go to the throttle page and modify the throttle curve. By default this is a straight line at 45º. Simply add a few points in the line with the click of the mouse button and drag these points down in ascending order to form a bell curve. So the angle is less steep at the start and gradually inclines.
Awesome,

I will give this a try.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Once you make a change save the change by clicking the SET button. The set button will turn blue while it is setting the changes. When the changes are SET the button will turn back to gray. It is very important to wait for this process before moving on or closing the program. The program (Toolkit) and the toolkit manual are found here > http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_XCT.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO