lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
Kit Henry
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G-16A Steering screwing up and down

I have replaced the lower bearing in the steering box on my 1998 G-16 A,
The adjustment screw has not yet been replaced, though when I turn the wheel the steering wheel will screw outward ?
What am I not getting adjusted correctly or does the play screw need to be installed when doing all of this

Kit Henry
Kit Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Chilly
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G-16A Steering screwing up and down

Turn the wheel in the direction so it turns out toward the steering wheel. Then turn the big nut at bottom of gearbox inward until it seats. Then back it out a half turn. Verify steering wheel moves smoothly.

The little screw with jamb nut on the steel cover is a different adjustment. The worm and nubs on pitman arm wear more in center than near left and right lock, so turn it in until wheel is smooth lock to lock. Wheels have to be off the ground to feel any resistance.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Kit Henry
Not Yet Wild

If I do that the top hub is out of the top shaft, I realize it is a worm gear, though this seems a little screwed up, I will give it a try

kit
Old 05-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
Kit Henry
Not Yet Wild

Put it back together thsi time with wheel hard right, as I turned to the left the steering came to center, turned it's self out and now I can just spin the wheel.

Kit

Tags
steering, steering adjustment, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha