lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
JTT
Not Yet Wild

Default Sliding Shieve worn?

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and carts in general, but ready to learn and I seem to have found the place!

I have a G16 and it has a "rattle" in the rear at midrange speeds. I was told by the previous owner that it needs the sliding shelve bushing replaced? I can't feel any play in it at all though, is this normal? When I grab it, there is no wobble or up and down movement, seems nice and tight. I would think if a bushing was gone there would be play?

I did notice that my governor shaft coming up out of the differential (or whatever it's called on a cart) is very wobbly. Is there a bushing for this? I would guess the shaft moves side to side at the highest point, maybe 3/4".

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Sliding Shieve worn?

The sliding sheave is pressed and twisted against the fixed sheave by a heavy spring. You have to twist the sliding sheave against the spring then press on it toward the transmission to detect play. The governor is actually likely ok, they all have some up-&-down play.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The yamaha I have done you can put a new bushing in the sliding secondary sheave, its just a bronze bushing. What you have to watch for is the ramps get torn up if the pads on the back go bad and are not replaced in time. Also eventually the belt will wear through the sheave, if run in sand a lot it will wear through faster. Then its junk anyways. Or of course someone can try to remove it and touch the outer part of the sheave, they just bend or crack right away, you can never use the outside of the clutch parts to remove them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
JTT
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all! Actually, the play in the governor shaft is not so much up and down, as side to side...lock an ore on a boat. I just tried bypassing the governor completely but simply detaching the cables from it and attaching them together. Much smoother drive without the governor kicking in and noise actually seems better too for whatever reason.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha