lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
lynner532
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default My First Post - '99 Caryall Transporter

Hi All, stumbled on this forum searching for info on problem we're having with ultra finicky '99 Caryall Transporter. Decided to register and put out my first post.

The club car is actually my daughter's family cart. We live in the same neighborhood. I jut around in a Gator (don't hate) and I've got a Toro Workman, but I'm retired and just need room for my dog and to put stuff in the dump bed. My daughter, her husband, my grandson and their 3 dogs needed something to "cary all" of them (hehe), hence the caryall.

We bought it from a neighbor who shops auctions. It used to be a Disney cart. My kids had him disable the governor when they bought it and apparently he removed it completely so we have no governor. We have cleaned the carb, put in a new micro switch, new fuel pump/fuel lines/filter, new coil, and new rev limiter. Sometimes the cart drives fine for days, then it starts hesitating or leaving us stranded. Lately it has gotten worse. Today we did the 'remove the ground wire" from the rev limiter to disable it and it seemed to be running fine, but then later it stranded again. My brother, who also lives in our neighborhood is the real mechanic. He does all the research so waiting to see what his next idea is... It just seems people are having a lot of similar problems with this type of cart...and I started reading on this forum about folks choosing to convert to duromax 16 or other aftermarket engines. Maybe that's in this carts future. I dunno.

Anyway, Hi from Polk City Fl...
lynner532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2018, 11:55 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: My First Post - '99 Caryall Transporter

Is this cart a key start or pedal start?

Which micro switch was replaced? There are at least three on that cart.

Is the new ignition coil a Genuine Kawasaki coil?

I have two 97 Transporter carts, and both have had problems with the limit switch on the FNR lever. It’s there to kill the engine if you press the gas pedal when the lever is in neutral. safety feature I guess. I’ve just bypassed it on both and have not had any problems with the engine stalling since doing that.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:03 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:27 AM   #4
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

welcome
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: My First Post - '99 Caryall Transporter

Welcome
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 AM   #6
lynner532
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Initial problem solved when we finally cleaned out the gas tank. Apparently, debris in the tank had been fouling the carb and/or hoses. Ran great for a few weeks and now a new problem. We're getting gas in the air cleaner box and engine spits and sputters. Haven't troubleshot yet. Thinking maybe carb float/valve is stuck and not shutting off fuel when bowl is full. Will update after we learn more...
lynner532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #7
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Welcome

Post some Picts of Your Cart :)
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynner532 View Post
Initial problem solved when we finally cleaned out the gas tank. Apparently, debris in the tank had been fouling the carb and/or hoses. Ran great for a few weeks and now a new problem. We're getting gas in the air cleaner box and engine spits and sputters. Haven't troubleshot yet. Thinking maybe carb float/valve is stuck and not shutting off fuel when bowl is full. Will update after we learn more...
Probably a stuck or dirty float needle in the carb. A clogged fuel tank vent hose can also cause pressure to build in the tank and force fuel into the engine through the carb.

Don't try to run the engine until you fix the carb. Gas will run into the cylinder and drain into the crankcase through the rings. You will need to do two oil changes to get all of the fuel out of the oil before running it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car