lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
Yamboy
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy G16a - fuse keeps blowing - 10 amp

Hey guys,

I'm at the brink of desperation. My G16A keeps blowing the main 10 amp fuse. When you press the gas peddle the solenoid puts power to the starter and the starter spins up for a couple of seconds then "POP" goes the fuse! Keeps doing this every time, I have just put a brand new brush assembly in the starter as was sure that was the problem but it's still doing it. Any help would be so greatly received, I'm stumpted as to what else is causing the fuse to blow.

thanks in advance

Steve
Yamboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G16a - fuse keeps blowing - 10 amp

Start by unplugging things one at a time. I'd start with the voltage regulator. If it still blows, then plug it back in and unplug something else. Once you unplug something and it stops blowing the fuse, you know what to replace :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:31 AM   #3
Yamboy
Not Yet Wild

Just found that if I remove the black small wire on the solenoid the starter will spin without blowing the fuse. I guess this rules out the starter? Any other ideas?
Yamboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/yamaha-schematics

You can get thr wiring diagram for your G16A here.

It stops blowing the fuse because that black wire goes to the fuse. Need to start eliminating parts one at a time.

Items on that fuse are the regulator, relay, solenoid, and backup buzzer. Unplug them one at a time until the fuse stops blowing. I'd still put my money on regulator.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, the auto parts store has 10a automatic resetting circuit breakers that plug in where that fuse lives. No more buying packs of fuses, and if some random occurrence trips the breaker, it will reset when it cools.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:31 PM   #6
david dezonia
Not Yet Wild

i had the same problem, your voltage reg is hitting your started/gen. fix the wires bottom of the voltage reg plug in and turn your voltage reg from a 12 to 6clock to a 3 and 9. problem fixed.
david dezonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha