lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2019, 08:45 AM   #21
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EzGo electric shuttle not moving-no click

Even though it’s the exact same solenoid that came out of it that has worked for over two years, which is when I bought it so it could be even older
macheff03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2019, 08:49 AM   #22
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo electric shuttle not moving-no click

And I don’t have a voltmeter
Old 07-01-2019, 08:56 AM   #23
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All I can tell you is I have that cart (shuttle) which I've owned since new and the solenoid that came with it is the one I referenced. The series shuttles of that era came with a more powerful motor, 400amp vs 275amp controller and the 200 amp continuous duty solenoid, all upgrades over the standard golf cart because the shuttles are heavier and with a back seat included were expected to tolerate a much heavier load.

FWIW the solenoid in my cart was working fine at the 13 year point when I replaced it for a 48 volt conversion.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #24
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You’re going to need a meter to figure this out. That solenoid activation circuit we’r talking about is what tells the solenoid to make the connection from the pack to the power delivery system. The goal is to get pack +, - on the little lugs of the solenoid when the throttle is depressed, key on, and cart in f or r.

Kernal has a cart like yours and is knowledgeable. That solenoid may work for awhile but isn’t stout enough to handle what that cart can draw at peak demand.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #25
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Kernal, has a faster mind and faster fingers.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #26
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
All I can tell you is I have that cart (shuttle) which I've owned since new and the solenoid that came with it is the one I referenced. The series shuttles of that era came with a more powerful motor, 400amp vs 275amp controller and the 200 amp continuous duty solenoid, all upgrades over the standard golf cart because the shuttles are heavier and with a back seat included were expected to tolerate a much heavier load.

FWIW the solenoid in my cart was working fine at the 13 year point when I replaced it for a 48 volt conversion.

So in order to do anything else I need to replace my solenoid with the larger one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2019, 09:04 AM   #27
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

We’ll, id guess it might work for a bit, as long as you dont push the cart too hard. In the meantime, you need to figure out if you have the solenoid activation circuit working. You need a dmm. You don’t need to send a lot.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #28
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I suggest this: Orangeman laid this out. The cart has 3 basic components to the electrical system. 1- Solenoid activation circuit. Small wires, solenoid, microswitches, ITS (throttle) key switch. 2-Drive circuit. batteries, controller, motor, F/R switch, large cables. 3- 12v accessory circuit. lights etc.
Disrgard #3 for now.
Step one: Key on, direction selected, step on go pedal and the solenoid should click. If no click there is a problem in the activation circuit or the solenoid itself.

Step two. If the solenoid clicks and still no go, the problem is in the drive circuit. Batteries, controller large cables, F/R switch, motor etc.

You need a digital volt meter to troubleshoot. There are troubleshooting guides in the sticky's. I'm not sure if they are current because I haven't checked lately. If you are uncomfortable with any of this take it to a professional.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #29
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks all
I’ll see what I can do and report back here

Old 07-02-2019, 09:07 PM   #30
macheff03
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

For the record here’s an update

I had someone come out and look at it and it turns out it’s the pedal switch

Pretty confident

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO