lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
Buck9s
Not Yet Wild

Default Can you change RXV power with a knob

I've yet to buy my first cart and am trying to do as much learning as possible beforehand so I don't have any regrets. Based on this forum it seems that there is a way for someone to adjust the stock RXV controller for more speed and power.

My question is can you have this adjustment done and then install some sort of dashboard controller to dial back, on command, some of the upgrade?

My wife and I have very different driving styles/capabilities and I would love to have a near ridiculously quick cart when I drive alone but a way to dial it back for when she drives/with the family. She could just drive with more finesse but it would be ideal if we could just adjust a knob to limit the max power/speed of the cart.
Buck9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Can you change RXV power with a knob

I asked Bob B. this same question and the short answer was "No", at least for a 2012 or newer RXV with a Curtis controller.

The closest thing to this would be to purchase a "dealer level" or better Programmer and adapter cable for about $450+ and when you want it slower you will have to reprogram the Max RPM in the controller to a lower number. When you want it back to "Hold My Beer" speed you'll need to break out the programmer again. Less than an ideal solution.

I left my RXV at 35 mph and added a radar detector.

My wife's cart is a CC Precedent with an Alltrax XCT500A. So for the Grandkids I put on a personality switch that I programmed for: 1) kids/course 15mph, 2) daily driving 22 mph, and 3) hold my beer 30+ mph.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:47 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Can you change RXV power with a knob

It is technically possible, the controller is capable of 2 modes with a switch, like 'rabbit' and 'turtle', you define what rabbit & turtle means. But not with a knob, but a switch between 2 profiles. To get it done is a whole different story, and you probably don't want to go down that path. It would be more difficult than just adding a switch & a wire (but that would be first step). I know it could be done, because every ezgo 2five already includes that switch/feature. Besides the wiring, some software changes would need to be done. I would not be able to do it over a text-based thread, (and I bet the wizard Bob couldn't either over text based chat either). The aftermarket Navitas controller might offer that, but it's a expensive controller swap to add just one feature you want. And that controller isn't technically as strong as the one you have. (Compare a "tuned up" 200a aftermarket controller to a stock 235a controller, that can be "tuned up" as well). Advertising lingo often doesn't tell the whole tale. Your question/desire can be met, but for "on the cheap", I'm not so sure.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control, knob, power, rxv, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO