lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
SamDogMillionaire
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry Stuck Input Shaft!

I have a 2006 EZ-GO Txt 36V.

While removing the motor (due to it shorting out) I noticed the that some oil had seeped passed the input shaft (I inherited this golf cart and it spend a few winters out in the snow and cold...sitting...) so I figured the o-ring was needing replacing.

After wrestling the c-clip off it (a struggle in its own right) I thought I would be in the free and clear as all the directions say that the shaft should slide out easy.

Lies.

I have been trying for hours to get the shaft out and it will get to the point the sealed bearing is flush with the collar on the case and then will not budge one bit. Some forums have said to (after protecting the splines) use vice grips and then gently tap it out with a hammer, other post have said to wiggle it a bit to get it past the other gears.

Nothing works.

I am completely at my wit's and knowledge's end any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
SamDogMillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Default Re: Stuck Input Shaft!

I had to drive one back in and then clean the hole with a wire brush and if you could get a piece of sandpaper and clean it more will be better. Then work it in and out back and forth until it comes out. This is how I get them out.
Joatmony2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
SamDogMillionaire
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll try that. It is such a snug fit I imagine it doesn't take much debris to prevent it from sliding out. I'll let you know how it works.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

A mild run with a deburring tool will get rid of that lip also.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #5
SamDogMillionaire
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Stuck Input Shaft!

Thanks!

Initially I had wiped it clean with a rag, but going over it with some sandpaper and then using some brute force it finally came free! There was definitely something catching it.

Thanks for your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO