lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #21
Fred H
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rabbit/Turtle Switch for 2009 RXV Curtis Upgrade

Now that I have purchased the Curtis 2Five controller Bob recommended, I also found a great deal and purchased a new 2Five Danaher main wiring harness 609397 as well.

I have also purchased the Danaher to Curtis adapter cable 626124 and the 23 pin to 23 pin number 626118.

I have the instructions and will be sending the controller to Bob for reprogramming.

A couple of additional questions:

Will the speedometer 609401work with this setup?

Is there a way to use my existing triangular charger plug with an external charger for this setup? I just bought a new external charger and would like to use it if possible. Im fine splicing some wires but don't want to fry my new controller in the process.

Fred
Fred H is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H View Post
Now that I have purchased the Curtis 2Five controller Bob recommended, I also found a great deal and purchased a new 2Five Danaher main wiring harness 609397 as well.

I have also purchased the Danaher to Curtis adapter cable 626124 and the 23 pin to 23 pin number 626118.

I have the instructions and will be sending the controller to Bob for reprogramming.

A couple of additional questions:

Will the speedometer 609401work with this setup?

Is there a way to use my existing triangular charger plug with an external charger for this setup? I just bought a new external charger and would like to use it if possible. Im fine splicing some wires but don't want to fry my new controller in the process.

Fred
The speedometer should work fine for SOC indication, but the speedometer reading will be out of calibration due to the gear ratio difference. I can speed it up faster than the 2Five was capable of, but you'll need to use an aftermarket speedometer. The RXV charging cable will work just fine when attached to the battery connections. Be sure to connect the charge port wire that plugged into the RXVs blue wire, to the 2Five version of that wire. Same pin number on the controller socket. It needs to see that 48V signal when the charger connector is unplugged from the charger port.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 01:03 AM   #23
EZ Yeag
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Mr Boyce
I attempted to direct message but no bueno. The System said your inbox was full so no more needy Cart novices like me could hassle you. After researching this forum and seeing all of the praise people have given your way for advice, help etc but expectedly your inbox was full.

I am just getting into the market for a 6 passenger cart. I initially only focused on the EZ Go L6 Express L6 passenger units. After test driving them today , as well as a 2019 gas version and a 2020 L6 6 passenger 48V Lithium Ion model, I am a little underwhelmed. I am 6’4” , 280 lbs and I felt the leg room on the EZ Go 6 passenger carts was really tight. Are you aware of any seat modifications to help alleviate this issue? I have a Polaris RZR and seat mods are readily available for RZRs, but I have not seen much for carts as far as structural seat mods.
Next, do you prefer the 72 volt, 48 volt lithium ion or gas Club Car or EZ Go carts? I am purchasing this for our lake home and prefer a reliable, torquee people hauler to move our family from dock to horse pastures to simple trails to community pool then back home. I am a little lost after today’s test drives. The gas L6 was the most fun to drive today but not sure about the benefits or detriments of gas vs 72volt / Lithium Ion models.

Will any controller reprogramming void the Club Car battery warranty on the electric units?
Anyway around this issue if I want to upgrade?

Lastly what are your opinions on the Club Car 6 passenger Onward lifted unit vs the EZ Go L6 Express lifted carts? Gas or Electric comparison would be welcome’d as well.
Sorry for the novel but I wanted to attempt to voice my main concerns if I am fortunate enough to get a reply from you. ����
EZ Yeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:55 AM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Yeag View Post
Mr Boyce
I attempted to direct message but no bueno.
Please do not try to inject upon someone else's thread this way just to "catch the person" whom you couldn't otherwise "catch" for other software reprogramming. (Inbox was full)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:00 AM   #25
EZ Yeag
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

CGtech
You are absolutely correct , thank you for setting me straight.
Please continue to provide me with guidance on golf cart forum conduct to help improve the golf cart forum experience. Without golf cart forum Marshals like you , golf cart forums would run amuck and the world would be a scary place,, thank you for your service to this forum and our country
EZ Yeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Your welcome, and thanks for the kind words.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO