lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #1
Terry V
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool G1 airbox seal

About to do a tune up on my g1
I keep reading about making sure my airbox /filter box is sealed
My airbox lid has a small flange that fits in a groove,is there supposed to be a gasket or O ring also
Terry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 airbox seal

Are you referring to the J38 G2 - G9 motors? Yes, those need at be sealed for best results. Lets just say that the motor is very picky when it comes to the amount of air going into it. I
wouldn't worry about the G1 airbox. In fact you can throw away the airbox and put a small pod filter on the back of the carb and it'll run fine.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Terry V
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That makes it easier,and makes sense
Terry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If in dusty dirty environment id keep the original airbox filter system instead of the small pod types....Were I am is marginal country and very very dry and dusty at times...The whole engine bay gets absolutely covered in dirt and dust...it needs a regular clean...That big filter with oiled foam element does a super job as it gets caked in dust and needs cleaning all the time or it affects the performance of the cart.Just my 2c.
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:14 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffo002 View Post
If in dusty dirty environment id keep the original airbox filter system instead of the small pod types....Were I am is marginal country and very very dry and dusty at times...The whole engine bay gets absolutely covered in dirt and dust...it needs a regular clean...That big filter with oiled foam element does a super job as it gets caked in dust and needs cleaning all the time or it affects the performance of the cart.Just my 2c.
I have this too with my G9. When I swapped a clone into it I put a car filter box in and pvc pipe to the front of the cart. I don't have to put the $7 filters in much anymore. The G9 ones were near 20 but they were huge.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha