lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
ezgo05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ezgo Lift kit install issue

Hi all, 2005 txt pds , hd springs with rear seat ,36v. First build guys and all going good so far. 500 alltrax, 400 sol, #2 cables from scotty. so far so good. bought a oem 4" drop axle (ezgo 6271400). front went on good and put new shocks on too. Rear went on good and all parts are in correct position but shocks only stick through tab enough to get bushing on and not washer and nut. they are pulled all way down. put on tires (still stock) and lowered wjth no change. what can I do. ? also brake cables were to short on both sides so itook them out of there holders on side rail and the one under battery tray and they made it. I used a zip tie to hold them up a little. Have any of you guys hade these issues and what did you do ? will these brake cables be ok? thank you all so much. ive learned so much here
ezgo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
binder49
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo Lift kit install issue

I had the same issue with my shocks. I went old school hot rod trick with shock extensions. Worked perfect.
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #3
ezgo05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

after looking at extensions as binder mentioned my studs are M10-1.25 and I cant find them in that size . any other ideas ? also when looking I found some really thin nuts that will get started on my shock but I have to pull the shock totally extended out. is this good on the shock to be maxed out with only one way to go? (back in ) ?? on the brake cable issue I can put the passenger cable on drivers side but would anyone have a part number to put on passenger side to gain some length ? Im just not crazy about them going straight to the brake , to me looks like they could snag on something in the woods. any help appreciated thanks guys
Old 10-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Did you get the proper length shocks?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-343137-a.html
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
ezgo05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

good info on the shocks. wish i had found it earlier. to your question, i ordered rear shocks for correct year , model etc... from vendor sponsor here , would you know what correct tip to tip distance should be on stock dampener and ill check. I had plenty of thread before the lift and its a 4" oem factory one with shock plate on top, does this happen often when lifting
Old 10-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #6
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Lift kits should keep the distance between the shock supports the same.
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
ezgo05
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree . but not in this instance . I measured my shock when I got home, measured 13-17.25 as your info dampeners. also measured point to point of attachment on the cart and its 14.25" . by point to point I mean top of shock mount on spring to the hole on the frame
Old 10-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #8
binder49
Gone Wild

The extensions I found were on ebay and listed for an EZGO. Worked perfect
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO