lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
Toobitz
Not Yet Wild

Default Bob Boyce Please look

Bob,

Thanks again for tuning up my cart. I have a couple questions for you and would like some help but your PM box is full. Hopefully you'll read this. The accel and decel are still way too strong and I bought a handheld programmer. Would like you to walk me through the various settings I should target.

It's a 1313 OEM level programmer.

Steve
Toobitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
Toobitz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bob Boyce Please look

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #3
relcead
Not Yet Wild

What did you pay for the Handheld? The homebrew usb cable cost about 80 with adapter for your cart and may have higher rights. Once Bob made a controller setting a handheld programmer may be not suitable to change things back to normal or a lower setting.

If your handheld has sd card slot make a backup from your controller settings to sd before playing around with the parameters.
relcead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:58 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Depends on what level handset it is to determine what it can change. Bob’s development changes are done with his equipment are both a combination of changes that can be done with a handheld and some that are not. The ones that are not really won’t need to be touched again as they are setting upper limits. The rest determining speed, acceleration and response are changeable with the handheld.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toobitz View Post
Bump
I read the original post, but I was not sure what you were asking for. I guess you're wanting instruction on how to use the handheld. I don't normally do this, because it leads people to venture further and royally stuff up their controller...

The accel rate is set in the Freedom mode profile as Accel 4,
Parameters/Profile Selection 5
Parameters/Profiles/5 - Freedom Mode/Accel Selection 4
which is defined in the Accel list.
Parameters/System Configuration/Golf/Freedom
4 Rapid Accel HS 6.0
4 Rapid Accel LS 1.6

I typically set this to 1.0 in LS (start to half speed) and 2.0 in HS (half speed to full speed) in Accel 4. Factory default is 1.6 in LS and 6.0 in HS. I'm betting that what you are interpreting as too much accel is actually the increased torque caused by adjusting the limit in Controller Calibrations for delivering full rated current to the motor.

If regen is too hard, go into Current Limits, Power Limiting Map, Regen Limiting Map, and adjust the following 100% points down a small amount. The 100% is default by the way. I tune those when dialing in a controller in person. I cannot do that via mail reprogrammimg without being able to adjust while the cart is being driven...

Parameters/Current Limits/Power Limiting Map/Regen Limiting Map
Nominal is 0 - 3 MPH
Plus Delta is 4 - 6 MPH
Plus 2xDelta is 7 - 9 MPH
Plus 4xDelta is 10 - 12 MPH
Plus 8xDelta is 13 - 15 MPH

Overall Regen is not adjustable at OEM or even Factory level.
Be careful about reducing the Regen Limiting Map values too much, as regen is the ONLY braking that the RXV has. The only one you should need to reduce is the Nominal value, from start to 3 MPH. Be very careful what changes you make.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #6
relcead
Not Yet Wild

what max speed rpm value do you program most of the times in a 2015 or so rxv?
can we get a cpf file of a cart you did magic on for research please.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by relcead View Post
what max speed rpm value do you program most of the times in a 2015 or so rxv?
can we get a cpf file of a cart you did magic on for research please.
9600 RPM is max. The programming software, or handset, will only allow you to set up to 8000 RPM, as that is the limit in the VCL.

You cannot apply a file from one of the controllers that I reprogrammed to another controller, in order to make it have the changes like I do. If you try to apply one, it will give you an error message that values in the file are out of range and cannot be cloned. All controllers that I reprogram can only be programmed in a live session.

The 2020 RXV controllers have even lower limits, hard set at 15 MPH even with Freedom mode on. I can set them faster, but I must void the warranty.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #8
Toobitz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Bob!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #9
relcead
Not Yet Wild

Bob i can do that. I get no errors and we can write above vcl limits. Can we please have a file. We can do that without live Session.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by relcead View Post
Bob i can do that. I get no errors and we can write above vcl limits. Can we please have a file. We can do that without live Session.
That I would have to see, as the required menus in the software are missing when a saved file is opened in the software. The controller has to be connected and powered in order for the menus to show, hence a live session.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO