lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
mushoss
Not Yet Wild

Default Stock muffler mod

I have read several threads about this mod but no one has said if if was slightly louder, allot louder, or obnoxious louder. Also when cutting into the side, at the bottom of the muffler, I understand you cut through a second chamber. Do you stick the new tail pipe all the way through the second chamber or just weld it up on the outside of the hole you cut. My itsy bitsy pipe coming out of the top has rust holes in it, so I am thinking to do this mod.
mushoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
mushoss
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stock muffler mod

Bump for assistance.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushoss View Post
I have read several threads about this mod but no one has said if if was slightly louder, allot louder, or obnoxious louder. Also when cutting into the side, at the bottom of the muffler, I understand you cut through a second chamber. Do you stick the new tail pipe all the way through the second chamber or just weld it up on the outside of the hole you cut. My itsy bitsy pipe coming out of the top has rust holes in it, so I am thinking to do this mod.

I would say it's going to be noticeably louder than the small factory pipe but not obnoxious louder.Also I'd install the pipe through both "walls" of the muffler & weld it into place.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:35 PM   #4
mushoss
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the response. I have drilled the hole through both chambers and fabricated a 1" inside diameter 90 degree pipe to fit into it. I will post some soundbites once it is running. Personally I don't mind loud pipes but I am building this for the wife.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=mushoss;1671405]Thank you for the response. I have drilled the hole through both chambers and fabricated a 1" inside diameter 90 degree pipe to fit into it. I will post some soundbites once it is running. Personally I don't mind loud pipes but I am building this for the wife.[/QUOTE

big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO