lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Default If you have a gas Yamaha, call Don Plowman!

I have a build thread going on my G2 where I have gone over my experience with the performance kit I received from Don Plowman of Plowman's Carts.

I just wanted to say that if you have a gas Yamaha and are looking for some extra power and are considering an engine swap, but not sure you want to take on the challenge of piecing everything together, modifying, etc. to make it work. Try giving Plowman's a call. His kits are drop in parts that don't require you to have to re-engineer anything. They just work, at the end you do have to spend some time on the phone with Don 1 last time to make sure everything is tuned properly. His customer service is top notch!

Don is very thorough, he will have you check out some key areas on your cart before he sells you his kit (if motor mounts, etc. are worn out you need to replace them first). He does this because he wants his customers to be able to take full advantage of the performance parts he sells.

He was never in a rush to get off of the phone with me and genuinely wanted to understand what my expectations were for my cart to make sure he helped me set it up appropriately.

He packed everything and shipped it out the same day I spoke with him also! So there was not a long wait to get his parts.

Once the kit was installed, I called Don back for tuning. He spent 39 minutes on the phone with me making sure everything was adjusted properly and tuned correctly.

The end result is absolutely night and day different from my previously good running cart. I now have an excellent running cart!

Feel free to check out my build thread as there is quite a bit more details and pictures of what was involved.
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2019, 05:09 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: If you have a gas Yamaha, call Don Plowman!

Nice write up J. Don has been good to me also, I've spoken with him on a number of occasions. Glad you are happy. His parts and service are A+ in my book. Money well spent!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

slonmo, 100% satisfied!

I was out in the cart until late last night with a buddy of mine, we were crawling all through the bayous where I live, the thing won't stop!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Glad to hear! Have fun with it!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha