lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #1
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Default G29

Does anyone have any pics from a G29 that they could share with me? What I am looking for is how the front windshield and rear back seats mount. Need pics from both sides - the top sides with plastic on and the under body parts with all plastic remove. I am trying to figure out how much difference a G29 is from a G16????
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29

Dont have pics, but they are totally different design style.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Dont have pics, but they are totally different design style.
May be so but I don't see much differences between the G29 and G16 cages.
pic 1 is a G29 all the rest are G16s

In the last pic I don't like how the G16 lower corner pieces come together. I do like how the G29 comes together - even if I have to fab some sort of fake piece on the G16 similar to the G29.

Am I just being a weirdo?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sv1.JPG (47.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg sv2.JPG (38.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg sv3.JPG (54.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Grizzley cage cart.jpg (55.3 KB, 0 views)
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

G16 mounts via two special (long) bolts through the cowl in toward the center base of the screen. G29 pokes through the body and mounts with two bolts to a bracket inside each side of the cowl and has a far heavier support structure behind the footboard/firewall than a G16
I don't have a photo of a G29 without the body but if you watch this video you can see most of what you need to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqK1cu_gBQA

I should note that the G16 has more structure that is missing on this one due to rust but it is extremely lightweight.

Cheers,
Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3908.jpg (245.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3909.jpg (79.0 KB, 0 views)
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #5
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Found a better image from a G16 rust repair I did a couple of years ago. Rust is a big issue here in G16-G22 chassis up the front. This is new metal but an exact copy of the factory steelwork.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2036.jpg (167.7 KB, 0 views)
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha