lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2021, 08:54 PM   #1
bugmenot
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 Marathon Steering Slop

Hey all,

I have a 94 marathon with the 2pg engine that has a mile of slop in the steering. All of the ball joints were shot, so the first thing I did was replace and grease those. The steering was a little tighter, but still sloppier than I would like, so I took apart the steering box and cleaned it all out. The gear that sits in the box looked like it was in great shape as did the shaft that's attached to the ball joint, but there was a ton of play on the gear that's attached to the steering column itself. It looks like there's a bushing in the steering column in the diagrams in the manual, but I can't figure out how to get that gear off to replace that bushing. Has anyone tired to remove that gear? Attached pic is of the newly painted steering column (in hindsight, I probably should have waited until AFTER I fixed the steering, but oh well . Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-20201024_211109.jpg (71.4 KB, 0 views)
bugmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #2
3doghouse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 94 Marathon Steering Slop

Bugmenot, this post almost made it to its first birthday without a reply. Were you able how to figure out how to solve this?
3doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo marathon, steering slop
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO