lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2021, 05:42 PM   #21
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1984 ezgo marathon starting issues

Alright I have the motor tore down. Before I removed the jug I did move the piston back and forth to see if I had play in it and I did. But fortunately the psiton and cylinder look good I saw no scratches or scores. my only concern was that if I run my finger through the bore I can feel a little difference like a lip but only in one spot about a 3/4 of an inch long from side to side. I don't have my calipers at home to check everything right now. my question is can i hone out the cylinder and or does it need to be bored out. The piston does say ez on the top and reg. Other than those issues everything else seems to be in order and working. while I have it apart are there any other parts or anything i should check also.
Jomdlcrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #22
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

This is where a good set of T gauges would come in handy to measure the entire cylinder bore. I would be tempted to throw a set of rings in it, but I don't care if I have to take it apart again. Your mileage may vary.

The 85 manual here has the cylinder bore specs. You might want to see how close you are. Pistons are sold .25 MM over size, and .5 mm over size. If a quick hone isn't good enough, then I would buy the entire jug kit with gaskets, and all.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=105501&page=3.
$235 for everything you need including gaskets and peace of mind is a pretty good deal.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #23
Jomdlcrs
Not Yet Wild

I decided to but a complete jug and piston setup. What are things I need to watch for when reassembling the motor or things that will make it easier to reassemble.
Jomdlcrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:39 PM   #24
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Install your new crankshaft seals with loctite, and stake them in three places.

The piston goes in with the side port facing the intake.

The rings go in bevel side up with the ends wrapped around the little alignment pins in the ring grooves.

It's a good idea to measure ring end gap in the cylinder before installing them on the piston. The manual has the tolerance.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
start
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO