lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #11
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 Marathon Parts Manual / Diagnosis

Yeah we all like to jump in to help when we can, that's why we're here. A lot of times (like this one) it's good to have more than one opinion too LOL....

I see you have a few threads going, are you working on both an 83 and an 84? Or the same buggy just not sure what year it was?
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2021, 11:25 AM   #12
BrucecurB
Not Yet Wild

Hah! Well, I 'thought' I had an 83 model, however looking at the Parts catalog and the Owner manuals online I'm not sure anymore. The Muffler on mine would indicate that it's an 84.

Issue # 1 was the 'mounts'. Ordered new ones, they lasted about 2 hours and failed. May have been I installed them upside down or maybe not. I could not decide which was up. So, I'll revisit that issue after I solve the Clutch issue.

Issue # 2 is the Clutch. I'm going to continue that on the other thread to avoid more confusion. Hope to get your input over there...

Thanks, Bruce
BrucecurB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:32 PM   #13
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Well lets hope it's an 84, 83 was the year they changed the exhaust (and whatever else I'm not sure of) but it didn't work out so they went back to the old ways in 84 till 87. Therefor, the muffler (and whatever else) is obsolete now....

We could all tell what year it is if ya post a pic of it and the exhaust, or a pic of the ID tag under the dash on the passenger side footwell. I'll watch for that on the other thread and leave this one alone, yes having two does get confusing
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO