lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2021, 05:27 PM   #1
Steve Johnson
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 ezgo (st custom) engine?

Can some tell what motor is in this cart it is a two cylinder Subaru supposedly it just doesn't seem very powerful on acceleration & may be some spec would be helpful. looking to maybe do a big block conversion. Just want to check out what I got first before moving to a different motor thanks. I have a ser # for the kart
Steve Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2021, 05:34 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 ezgo (st custom) engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
Can some tell what motor is in this cart it is a two cylinder Subaru supposedly it just doesn't seem very powerful on acceleration & may be some spec would be helpful. looking to maybe do a big block conversion. Just want to check out what I got first before moving to a different motor thanks. I have a ser # for the kart
I know you can't post pictures yourself yet, but does it look something like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 244 robin.jpg (262.1 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #3
Steve Johnson
Not Yet Wild

Yes that's the motor
Old 12-27-2021, 10:10 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
Yes that's the motor
Then your cart is probably not a 2016. EZGO stopped using that engine in the 2008 model year. Your cart may have been rebuilt/refurbished in 2016. On the same plate or tag that has the serial number there should be a manufacturer date or code. Vegas carts (& possibly others) do have replacement engine cradles to mount other available engines. Primarily the common clones of the Honda GX series.
Old 12-27-2021, 10:24 PM   #5
Steve Johnson
Not Yet Wild

Ok it has a silver stick on tag under the driver side floor board I tried to search the ser # and didn't have any luck with it . I didn't see any I'd tag around the passenger side or drive side dash I will get it on the lift an do some more looking thanks
Old 12-27-2021, 10:40 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

EZGO serial numbers do not give you the year. The ID tags were put in different place depending on the year of the cart . Either a metal plate in the passenger side glove box, or a white paper/vinyl tag on the frame rail under the cover behind the seat- above the back of the engine.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

By the way, the engine you have is referred to as a "Robin" engine made.by Fuji Heavy Industries, yes the parent company of Subaru. The made both 295cc and 350cc versions. There might be a label on the timing belt cover, or the displacement is stamped into the block at the bottom of the forward facing mounting boss - really can't see it till the engine comes out.
Old 12-29-2021, 03:06 AM   #8
Steve Johnson
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks I did find the I'd tag on the cart your rite 2007 was the year thanks again for the info .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO