lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
renfrotr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2007 Gas EZGO ST Ignition Problems

I have a gas 2007 (I think...I'm going by date on fuel gage) EZGO ST that ran before I bought a new solenoid, and when I finally figured out the wiring again, It will no longer start, but it does turn over. Thought maybe the ignition coil went bad, so I bought another one... Still won't start. Now thinking either the ignitor or pulsar coil is bad. How do I check the ignition coil, ignitor and pulsar coil to see if they are the problem? Solenoid clicks upon stepping on gas pedal, which causes starter to turn. Also, I have ~12volts to the red wire at the ignition coil. I'm a little stumped that I don't have spark. Does the pulsar coil play a role?
Thanks for what y'all do!
renfrotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2022, 12:46 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Gas EZGO ST Ignition Problems

I’d start by reviewing the wiring diagrams in the “sticky” section of this forum. Then make sure you have power and ground at the ignitor, and check your connections between the ignitor and coil, and pulsar and ignitor.

The pulsar “talks” to the ignitor. The ignitor then takes this information and tells the coil when to fire.

12v at the coil is a good thing. But you need 12v AND ground to complete the circuit. The ignitor outputs the timed ground pulses and tells the coil to fire the plug.

And put the original coil back in. OEM coils are nearly impossible to find and the aftermarket ones are absolute garbage
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Gas EZGO ST Ignition Problems

I'm with CP241, need to go back through the wiring. If it ran and you swapped in a solenoid, and now doesn't run, you either have the wrong coil (can't use an automotive type solenoid, as they are rated for continuous power), you have a loose or poorly connected wire, or it isn't grounding well. Look at the solenoid. It should have a label and will have an "int" or "con" on it. "int" is for intermittent, and "con" is for continuous. You need one with "con". The other common miss is that the wires get plugged on those spade connectors, and sometimes either come loose or fall off, and the wires break at the crimp. Check em all real good. Then, the pan and the plate that it bolts to get rusty and make poor ground connections. Easier to run a jumper from the "-" battery terminal directly to the plate the solenoid mounts on and to the little ground terminal of the solenoid. If it ran before, and you know that the solenoid was bad and needed to be replaced, the coil is very likely not your problem, as CP241 alluded to, put the original back in.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO