lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2022, 01:44 PM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default EZGO valor wont turn over when hot

I have a 2020 Valor with the Kymco EFI motor. Cart runs great until it gets hot. Once it gets hot it will no longer turn over. When you cycle the key the pump runs its cycle and every once in a while if its quit you can hear the starter turn just a tiny bit but thats it. Also noticed while it was running I do have an oil leak under the motor and when it does not want to turn over the lights dont work.

While it is hot I have 12.5 volts going into and out of the key sw. When I try to start the voltage does not change coming out of the switch. I also have 12.5 at the pedal switch coming and going with no drop.
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2022, 02:21 PM   #2
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO valor wont turn over when hot

Update, oil leak is a cross threaded dipstick. So now the motor will run till its hot, when it shuts down I have not grounds to the relays, headlights, or anything else I can back probe that I know is a ground. I am petty sure I know the answer, but an EZGO professional answer is always welcome!
Old 03-29-2022, 04:22 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokebuggy View Post
Update, oil leak is a cross threaded dipstick. So now the motor will run till its hot, when it shuts down I have not grounds to the relays, headlights, or anything else I can back probe that I know is a ground. I am petty sure I know the answer, but an EZGO professional answer is always welcome!
No EZGO professional but I will take a guess.
Oil pressure has a switch that protects engine if pressure drops below what they recommend.
Whats your guess ? have you checked pressure with a manual gauge ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #4
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
No EZGO professional but I will take a guess.
Oil pressure has a switch that protects engine if pressure drops below what they recommend.
Whats your guess ? have you checked pressure with a manual gauge ?
Nope not oil pressure, made sure it is full and used a meter to verify the pressure switch is working correctly. Talked to a dealer today, he said they just change the spark plug and it magically fixes everything. Nope not so much on this one. As I was messing with it I had a block on the accl. pedal with it running, flipped the ign. switch to lights they came on for1/2 a second then the cart shut down again and has not started since....I was leaning more towards ECM since they had so many issues with them. Dont like the Kymco product, any of them
Old 03-29-2022, 07:14 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokebuggy View Post
Nope not oil pressure, made sure it is full and used a meter to verify the pressure switch is working correctly. Talked to a dealer today, he said they just change the spark plug and it magically fixes everything. Nope not so much on this one. As I was messing with it I had a block on the accl. pedal with it running, flipped the ign. switch to lights they came on for1/2 a second then the cart shut down again and has not started since....I was leaning more towards ECM since they had so many issues with them. Dont like the Kymco product, any of them
I assume this cart has OBD1 so there has got to be a way to check the PCM/ECM or ever what they call it. Has it go an oil light because the other models you counted the flashes to check for codes but not sure on this one. Maybe you have to use a scan tool ?
Not sure what ezgo was thinking going with this engine. Maybe they are gearing toward Electric and not gas. I did read where many people like the Kymco scooters. I think I will stay with the Robbin
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:45 PM   #6
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

If you cycle the key 3 it will give flash codes. Simple codes are avail in the users manual, more advance codes I assume in a service manual I cant seem to purchase. Sent it back to the customer to go to the dealer. Just seems like there is no info out there yet without being a dealer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO