lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2022, 07:52 PM   #1
Masterscatter
Not Yet Wild

Default What are the symptoms of missing this gasket?

Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot a running issue.
The carb is new, the Pump is newer, I have checked compression and its 120 PSI and it will hold so its got great compression...
I have verified the carb is cleaned and not puking out the overflow vent.

I checked for Vacuum at the port below the reed valve..i do not have vacuum. I have what appears to be a pulse of air steady while cranking.
I have been able to get it to run for short bursts then die out like its starving.
I have pulled the reed valves to find the gasket on both sides of the valve are missing.
Would this cause the condition I'm experiencing or am I chasing two different problems?
Masterscatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2022, 06:51 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What are the symptoms of missing this gasket?

pieces of the reed valves missing that will do it but I would check the crank cease for that reed valve so you don't shred the inside of your motor
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:43 PM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Strange both gaskets are missing, that leads me to believe they were never there. Like maybe someone had it apart and reassembled it without the gaskets, put new ones on and see what happens
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:37 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Strange both gaskets are missing, that leads me to believe they were never there. Like maybe someone had it apart and reassembled it without the gaskets, put new ones on and see what happens
That’s my guess as well

Or more likely, they had it apart, they fell apart, and they figured they’d just put it back together without and see what happens (or doesn’t happen)

Not sure if the gaskets are still available or not? You could use fuel safe RTV and make a gasket as well. Just make sure to get the stuff that says it’s fuel safe. Gasoline will dissolve the other types.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gasket, no vacuum, reed valve, short running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO