lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
dcccwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 98 Ezgo Electric Cart Will Not Go

Backed the cart out of the garage then put it in forward and it would not go. So I backed into the garage, then it would not do either forward or reverse. Checked the wires they look good, It's getting power (new batts) Not sure if it is a bad switch or what.

Thanks for the help,

Adam
dcccwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 Ezgo Electric Cart Will Not Go

We need to know which drive system you have. DCS PDS or SERIES. And we need to know what the battery pack voltage is presently.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
dcccwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe it is a DCS. How do I know that for sure?

It's 36V and I'm not sure what the voltage is currently. I will let you know.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The last 2 numbers of the manufactures code is the year, located inside the passenger side glove box, the 2004 and newer Ezgos don't have a serial number plate in the box, they have a serial number sticker under the rear access panel behind the seat, and then on the driver's side frame rail below the floor board.

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the environmental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch with toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
dcccwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I have a series

Thanks for the info!! I am new to all of this.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

check your wires at the f-n-r switch. They are known to burn.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
dcccwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, so i got some help from a buddy tonight, and got some more info. i do for sure have a series. batt volt is 38v. so i've got good juice. we checked the f&r switch, and both micro switches on it work fine (showing closed continuity on both when in r, and open on one, closed on the other when in f). now, the 4 main lugs of the f&r switch, i found that all wires looked good (not burnt) and tested the continuity of the lugs. say there's A, B, C, & D lug. in f, a&b are connected, and c&d are connected.... and in r, a&d, and b&c are connected.... or something like that. in other words, it really seems like it's working perfectly fine. one thing that had us wondering, was the solenoid on the controller seems to always be in the closed position, even with ignition off. if i'm guessing correctly, ignition off, solenoid should be open. ignition on, solenoid closes. is this correct? but, even so, it's currently always in the closed position, so this would tell me (guessing) that the cart should run with ignition on or off. right? no? anyhow... i'm at a loss. i know these things are pretty simple... but the switch seems to be working just fine. the batts are good. not sure bout controller, and not sure bout solenoid. oh, also, tested the 4 pin connector coming from the throttle... between two pins, got continuity when peddle is pressed, and open when not. seems to check out. but, i would have assumed that the other 2 pins would show a varying resistance corresponding to throttle position... this i did not get. so again, at a loss. any help would be really appreciated! thanks guys!!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
dcccwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

oh, and it's a f198 model.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
dcccwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Old 08-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
dcccwa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the orange and black wire you may find in the picture, were found to be broken or smushed... so we quickly just stripped and twisted together.... this wasn't our problem though. so, ignore them if you see them in the pic. thanks guys!

Tags
98 ezgo, forward reverse switch, will not run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO