lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Bigfoot79
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My battery cables are smokin' hot (and not in a good way!)

Hey guy's my 1996 TxT pictured got it back out today for a little ride (been about two weeks!!!) anyway I took the kids for a ride no more than 5 minutes on and off anyway I smelled plastic burning! lifted seat and grabbed cables to motor OOOOWWWW CHHHHEEE WAAAA WAAAA!!! smokin hot and i took the cover off the FR switch and noticed the Backup buzzer was melted and had moved down! anyway I understand the load from the bigger tires and lift and was planning on upgrading the wires and going to a HD FR switch but melting plastic!!! could I go and replace all the cables with 2 ga. wire and get the HD FR switch and will it remedy this problem??? Didnt plan on frying eggs with my cart!!!
Bigfoot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My battery cables are smokin' hot (and not in a good way!)

Read this thread...... similar problem with the F&R getting way too hot. The cart in the thread didn't have big tires but it did have a big motor. Both of these upgrades will draw more amps. if the amp flow is restricted then that place gets hot ......
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...t-too-hot.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Bigfoot79
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for some direction there Scotty!
Bigfoot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The big tires put more strain on em than we realize...... and Robbie at PQ has been explaining that when you go slow with big tires you never get out of torque mode so there is alot of heat build up from the high amp draw needed to feed that motor in that high load situation... that what these hunters and the slow cruisers encounter... lots of heat from high amp draw.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO