lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT 36 volt problem

Hello, new to the forum, but see myself on here a lot in the future. I've got a 2001 txt PDS and I am having this exact issue. The OP never responded, one of my 6 batteries reads in the 4.1-4,3 range with my run tow switch on run, on tow it's fine at aroun 6.6, so I assume it puts it under some kind of load when on run. But I have the same issue as the OP with just getting a click with the pedal, it seems like it wants to go and will even barely move in reverse.. So is that bad battery my problem more than likely, and replacing it will make it all better? Thanks.
rizico is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizico View Post
Hello, new to the forum, but see myself on here a lot in the future. I've got a 2001 txt PDS and I am having this exact issue. The OP never responded, one of my 6 batteries reads in the 4.1-4,3 range with my run tow switch on run, on tow it's fine at aroun 6.6, so I assume it puts it under some kind of load when on run. But I have the same issue as the OP with just getting a click with the pedal, it seems like it wants to go and will even barely move in reverse.. So is that bad battery my problem more than likely, and replacing it will make it all better? Thanks.
Welcome to BGW.

Putting the switch in Run turns on the controller and does put a load on the batteries, but it is infinitesimal compared to what the motor does.

If that battery drops about 2.5V when the controller draws a few Milli-Amps, it probably drops to almost nothing when the motor tries to draw a hundred Amps or more.

Replacing that battery will probably make it better, but not necessarily all better.
All better depends on the age and condition of the rest of the batteries, and the rest of the cart.

In general terms, batteries should all be replaced at the same time.
If the rest of the batteries are relatively new, finding a used battery about the same age/condition works.
A new battery put in an old set, quickly deteriorates to the level of the other batteries and will have to be replaced with the others when they are replaced.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #13
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the quick reply JohnnieB! I bartered on Craigslist for this cart, the guy said the batteries were only a couple of years old, and what I think is a date stamp on them looks like they may be from 10/10... So I think they are fairly new. The 4.2V actually doesn't change much, maybe +/- .1v when I depress the "gas" pedal. But I will try and find a good used battery at my closest cart shop and hope that solves the problem.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I can't find a good used battery, and am now sitting on the decision of spending $700 on a new set, or $120 now on a new one (can't find any used ones around for the life of me). What worries me is that these will start dropping out 1 x 1 and I am throwing away the money. There is a local guy selling 8 "Brand new" Full River AGM DC224's, he wont break up the pack, but the price is right, $580 for all 8, but then again I'm leery as to why he is selling them so cheap, as they are $200+ batteries. Would it hurt anything to leave the pack wired up with that bad one in there and let it sit for a month or 2? Or should I disconnect the bad one, or all? And just to be clear, if the cart clicks but wont go (acts like it wants to) this one bad battery is my issue more than likely right? it was running fine a month ago, nice and strong.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Found a good used battery within 50 miles, going to go get it and cross my fingers. I'll post the results.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your low battery has one bad cell. This will definitely disable a cart. The full river batteries are a good name battery. But any good use battery should fix your problem.

You should not let the pack set idle for more than a month without a recharge. The pack will normally loose 1% of its total charge per day.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
rizico
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks ScottyB, sure enough the used battery replacement got me going again. Those thinks are crazy heavy, I will be rigging me up a battery "puller" of some sort for the future. Thanks for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO