lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post Re: 24V Golf Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If you had 6 of them, you could connect them in series-parallel for a 300AH 24V pack and more than double the run-time on a 150AH 24V pack, but it would still be running at 2/3 normal voltage, so the performance would be dismal.
Wait? I Have all (6) 8Volt Batterys But i was only going to use 4. I don't understand what you Mean. I can connect them parallel to make 24V????
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 24V Golf Cart

I do believe he means 2 banks of 3 batteries paralleled together.

Still for all that effort, why not just buy a 48v controller and solenoid? It seems for the investment, it would make you a lot happier than trying to scrooge an extra $50. One irrefutable fact I have learned about golf carts...

You will spend the money. You may work around it today, this cart may have been cheaper than the other, but in the end, you still spend the same amount of money to achieve the desired result. I bought a $500 cart over a much newer and nicer $1500 cart. My first addition? $800 in batteries. Next addition? $200 utility bed. Either way, I spent the same amount of money. I am very happy with my cart, and it has done everything I have asked and more. But I still ended up spending the same money. "Six of one, half a dozen of the other", as the old cliche' goes.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

By the Way this is a 1991 EZGO Marathon
Old 02-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmia96 View Post
Wait? I Have all (6) 8Volt Batterys But i was only going to use 4. I don't understand what you Mean. I can connect them parallel to make 24V????
This only uses 4 batteries, but shows what I mean.

You'd have two rows of three 8V batteries connected in series and the two 24V 150AH rows connected in parallel for a 24V 300AH pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batteries in Series-Parallel.JPG (27.0 KB, 3 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #15
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

" I Have all (6) 8Volt Batterys" for gods sake man get a 48 v controller and ride bro!!! 24 v is practicly useless barely will climb a hill and run times will suck!!!
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't think the cart will move when 24v is applied to the stock motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

QUOTE=scottyb;688462]I don't think the cart will move when 24v is applied to the stock motor.[/QUOTE] dont waste youre time I'm not tring to be mean bro but these guys are pros i promise they wont steer you the wrong way!
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CART-ZILLA View Post
QUOTE=scottyb;688462]I don't think the cart will move when 24v is applied to the stock motor.

dont waste youre time I'm not tring to be mean bro but these guys are pros i promise they wont steer you the wrong way!
I don't think it will move very fast, if it moves at all, or travel very far if it moves, either, but he seems to be determined to do it, so the old teacher still lurking in my inner psyche compelled me to help him in his quest for understanding even though he doesn't seem to want to except the knowledge and experience of others.

Don Quixote had a similar obsession with windmills.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I had a teacher visit me last week on this very subject..... it was a 2001 PDS Ezgo. 36v on the surface.....SG very roughly within service limits on 5 yr old batteries but would not go. Solenoid and controller tested good. DMM connected to the pack read 26v when you pressed the peddle and the cart tried to rock about 1/2 when tested in either direction.... Moving the meter around and repeating the test for each battery, I found the battery in question.
26v was not enough to move the cart.... granted some of the original amperage and voltage was missing but I think it makes the point that you would need a 24v motor to use 24v worth of batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #20
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok I'm stupid.lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO