lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: deka 12v batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
That's where I am confused David said the newer versions charge the batteries correctly. I have the original OBC in my cart but don't know the version yet but I assume it's the an older version being a 2005. I am going to replace the original Trojans with US batteries and didn't consider the added expense of a newer version OBC to charge the batteries to their full potential.
You'll be fine... just replace your batteries. You will get a better charge with the newer OBCs as they sample the batteries and adjust through the charge. The older units do an initial power on self test turn off and then set out to charge, the newer ones do that through the course of the charge. But seriously if you are not seeing problems don't spend the money, I live in a town with over 12000 carts on the road and several of them are Precedents and people are not running all over swapping out OBCs. Only do it if you suspect it is faulty.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your 2005 should have a newer version OBC but i think david would know for sure.......i do know that in 2003 2004 they already had 2 updated versions for what was in 95,s thur 99,s....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

What Shadow says is correct... 2007 is when they worked out all the bugs, so you may not have the best OBC, but my point was that thousands of Precedents in my town running around and people don't seem to know any different (but then they are not on this forum) so if you think there is a problem or confirmed you have a bad OBC model like Tahoe says, then change it.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
your 2005 should have a newer version OBC but i think david would know for sure.......i do know that in 2003 2004 they already had 2 updated versions for what was in 95,s thur 99,s....................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
What Shadow says is correct... 2007 is when they worked out all the bugs, so you may not have the best OBC, but my point was that thousands of Precedents in my town running around and people don't seem to know any different (but then they are not on this forum) so if you think there is a problem or confirmed you have a bad OBC model like Tahoe says, then change it.
I don't have an issue with it and it is working fine. I will just change the batteries only this spring and leave the current OBC in service
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I don't have an issue with it and it is working fine. I will just change the batteries only this spring and leave the current OBC in service
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car