lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #41
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermitent Forward Reverse Problem

Are you out West? It's 8:00 on the right coast.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 PM   #42
Barbersham
Getting Wild

Work afternoons. Midwest
Barbersham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #43
Barbersham
Getting Wild

I moved a couple wires and one seemed kind of soft but I didn't tighten anything. Now it's working fine
Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #44
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Wires or cables? Since your solenoid always clicked, I'm assuming cable. If it's not attached to a battery you can tighten it pretty snug. The motor lugs need two wrenches or a wrench and socket. You have to hold back on the nut under the cable termination, or you can spin the stud and damage the internal connections.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #45
Barbersham
Getting Wild

All of the wires look good. I was told the contacts on forward and reverse switch could need to be cleaned. All the studs look the same so I don't think it melted anything but I haven't pulled it apart. I know nothing about electricity. Was told to remove 2 mounting bolts and the forward reverse bar so I can get the switch up where I can look at it. I am hesitant to do anything with it. It looks like heavy duty switch with thick copper bar. Has anyone seen the contacts needing to be cleaned before and nothing else was wrong? How do you clean contacts? Micro switch possibly bad? Cheap? Easy? Some days reverse works fine. Other days it doesn't work at all. I'm worried by just using it and not fixing the problem I could be doing more damage. Thoughts?

Last edited by Barbersham; 07-12-2017 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: X
Old 10-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #46
bignasty45
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1999 Ezgo TXT 36v. The cart will move forward and reverse a couple of feet then stop. I replaced the batteries which were old. I upgraded all the cables including the A1 ect. I have replaced the solenoid with the standard 36v type which goes with the cart. The controller is the original curtis 350 amp. The motor is the original. I purchased this cart from a person which just had it sitting in his yard. I'm at a lost on why it want move.
bignasty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:14 PM   #47
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You are hijacking a 7 year old thread, and it is best to start a new thread for each person's questions. However:

Does your controller have a white 6-pin connector on top, or a white 10-pin connector, or separate spade lug connectors for each of the 3 or 4 control wires?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagnosis, electrical problem, ezgo electric, forward reverse, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO