lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 club car 48v wont run without bypassing solonoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
on a 95 steve that has a bad OBC you can run a jumper from solenoid to last battery neg. terminal and get cart to run and charge but replacing the solenoid and still running a jumper is just plain dumb........and if they charged him to do that then they stole his money i see his 1st post says they told him solenoid was bad but that part i,m not buying............................
. . . so, sounds like bad OBC is only real problem and they did not fix anything, but changed out a working solenoid, for a price that could/should be applied to new OBC . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
badgolfer4002
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . think I got lost in what was bypassed . . . solenoid, OBC or both?
The only thing that is different from original setup is the jumper between the two poles on the solenoid. I agree with everyone that i may need to get my money back for the alleged repair.
badgolfer4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
badgolfer4002
Not Yet Wild

Just to give everyone an update. The charger did shut itself off. I can only assume that the batteries are fully charged. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the charger came on again, but the meter dropped from 15 to around 5 pretty rapidly. Any thoughts?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i think you might want to start over here something dosn,t sound right...........try just getting in the cart and putting it in gear and driving without a key in it.......BE CAREFUL.........cart should drive if so that jumper has to go......after you try that disconnect main power and take that jumper off......connect main power back up and see if cart runs and or charges......if not disconnect main cables again and run a jumper from the small post on the solenoid that has a 16 gage yellow wire connected over to the neg. post of #6 battery........see if cart runs and if charger comes on.............post what you come up with....for some reason they jumped that solenoid which leaves it in the on position all the time and thats not good and has nothing to do with charging............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
badgolfer4002
Not Yet Wild

Ok, with the jumper still in place i took out the key and there was no power. I took the jumper off, hooked main power back up and there is no power. with jumper off, i ran a jumper wire from small yellow post to #6 ground and the cart drives and charger comes on. In my older post, the jumper i have spoken of on the solenoid goes across the two posts on the solenoid. The main red+, from battery #1 to the other main yellow that goes to the obc. It is battery cable.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok if the cart runs with the that jumper from solenoid to #6 battery neg. you can leave it jumped that way and drive until you replace the OBC ......thats the proper way to run the jumper but i suggest you don,t leave it like that( i know people who do ) just keep an eye on charging......you might want to ask for your solenoid back chances are its still good..........................
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #17
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgolfer4002 View Post
Ok, with the jumper still in place i took out the key and there was no power. I took the jumper off, hooked main power back up and there is no power. with jumper off, i ran a jumper wire from small yellow post to #6 ground and the cart drives and charger comes on. In my older post, the jumper i have spoken of on the solenoid goes from the main red+ from battery #1 to the other main yellow that goes to the obc. It is battery cable.
Lets take this one question at a time. Is there a short battery cable that jumps the two large post of the solenoid?
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
Lets take this one question at a time. Is there a short battery cable that jumps the two large post of the solenoid?
TDAWG, thats what i thought at 1st.....they put a jumper between the large post and left it there ( NO GOOD )..............................
Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #19
badgolfer4002
Not Yet Wild

Yes there is a short cable between the two large posts on the solenoid. I will leave it off until i get new obc. Thanks for all the help. I finaly know exactly what is wrong with the dang thing. I will also be talking with the repair shop.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #20
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgolfer4002 View Post
Yes there is a short cable between the two large posts on the solenoid. I will leave it off until i get new obc. Thanks for all the help. I finaly know exactly what is wrong with the dang thing. I will also be talking with the repair shop.
If it were me, I would be checking the micro switch in the V-Glide and the diode on the solenoid to see if it is installed in the correct direction before I called the repair shop.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass solonoid, won't run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car